VISITORS' PORTABLES: NETWORK ACCESS
Registration of Computers is mandatory at CERN: register your portable computer.
- Visitors WITHOUT a CERN Computing Account:
- Register here
- Visitors or CERN users WITH a CERN NICE/mail account:
- Register here (Attention: CERN Intranet page - register when at CERN)
This workshop will cover:
For each LHC experiment, detailed plans / requirements / timescales for 2007 activities.
Exactly what (technical detail) is required where (sites by name), by which date, coordination & follow-up, responsibles, contacts, etc etc
There will also be an initial session covering the status of the various software / middleware and outlook.
Most sessions will take place in the CERN main auditorium.
160 1-009 has been reserved from 16:00 - 18:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for potential BOFs, with the IT amphitheatre also available in this time slot, Wednesday included.
Please note that the experiment visit on Thursday afternoon is for a maximum of 50 people. Register early!
Please note that, due to the limited number of places, priority will be given to people from outside CERN.
A WLCG Collaboration Board (closed) meeting is foreseen for the afternoon of Thursday January 25 2007
A VOM(R)S workshop runs in parallel the full week
A dCache workshop will be held at DESY in the week prior to the WLCG Collaboration workshop.
Possible BOFs (see wikipedia entry under "Birds of a Feather")
- Sharing tips & tricks between sites
- h/w choices (farm nodes, storage - disk, tape & media etc.)
- Monitoring in its various guises: service monitoring, site monitoring, Grid monitoring, experiment dashboards...
- Remote management of Tier 2s
- Site management tools (best practices, security, ...)
- WAN routing problems and how to debug them
- GGUS feedback and issues
Please enter any comments / suggestions here