There is a Mobile version of Indico. Would you like to try it?
FilteriCal exportI have read and understood the above.
I have read and understood the above.
Download current event:Event calendar file
In order to enable an iCal export link, your account needs to have a key created. This key enables other applications to access data from within Indico even when you are neither using nor logged into the Indico system yourself with the link provided. Once created, you can manage your key at any time by going to 'My Profile' and looking under the tab entitled 'HTTP API'. Further information about HTTP API keys can be found in the Indico documentation.
In conjunction with a having a key associated with your account, to have the possibility of exporting private event information necessitates the creation of a persistent key. This new key is also associated with your account and whilst it is active the data which can be obtained through using this key can be obtained by anyone in possession of the link provided. Due to this reason, it is extremely important that you keep links generated with this key private and for your use only. If you think someone else may have acquired access to a link using this key in the future, you must immediately remove it from 'My Profile' under the 'HTTP API' tab and generate a new key before regenerating iCalendar links.
Permanent link for public information only:
Permanent link for all public and protected information:
Please use CTRL + C to copy this URLDetailed timetable
Review on PS Booster with Linac4
from to (Europe/Zurich)
at CERN ( AB Auditorium Meyrin )
at CERN ( AB Auditorium Meyrin )
Go to day
Speaker: Lyn Evans (CERN)
Overview of the Linac4 project
Speaker: Maurizio Vretenar (CERN) Material: Slides
Operational Scenarios within the Complex
- Versatility of the (present) machine (to be maintained) - Generation of “exotic” beams (some thoughts on machine activation?) - Transfer of LHC type (and other) beams to the PS
Speaker: Bettina Mikulec (CERN) Material: Slides
Linac4 Beam Characteristics
- Generation of energy modulation - Beam characteristics to be expected around the PSB injection (distribution region up to injection point) - Tunability, uncertainties
Speaker: Alessandra Lombardi (CERN) Material: Slides
- 10:35 - 11:00 Coffee break
PS Booster beam dynamics with L4
- Longitudinal painting - Simulation of beams with strong direct space charge forces, - Limitations due to H- injection hardware, - Planned studies (investigations on feasibility of collimation)
Speaker: Christian Carli (CERN) Material: Slides
Upgrade of distribution and injection region
- Layout, apertures magnets of the distributor region - Layout, apertures, magnets and vacuum aspects of the injection region - Foil handling mechanism - Environment seen by the beam (BS inside/outside vacuum, shielding of cavities created ..)
Speaker: Wim Weterings (CERN) Material: Slides
- 12:30 - 14:00 Lunch ( DSR restaurant )
Operational aspects and maintenance of the injection region
- Transverse painting and aperture aspects, impact of injection failures on foil - Foil exchange procedures (activation, time …) - Control of injection losses and beam dump - Specific instrumentation
Speaker: Dr. Brennan Goddard (CERN) Material: Slides
Commissioning of the PSB with Linac4
- Commissioning strategies - Milestones - Possible difficulties and cures (use of instrumentation)
Speaker: Dr. Klaus Hanke (CERN) Material: Slides
RF aspects and possible limitations
- Instabilities with higher intensities - Beam loading problem at present with C04 cavities - Future low RF level system (communication with Linac4 for chopping)
Speaker: Alfred Blas (CERN) Material: Slides
- 15:45 - 16:15 Coffee break
16:15 - 18:00
- 09:00 - 09:10 Welcome address 10'
09:00 - 12:00
Closed session - Conclusions
- 09:00 - 12:00 Closed session - Conclusions