The conference addressed the cardinal issues of the dark universe today, gathering a selected number of scientists working in cosmology and particle physics in the inspiring and monumental setting of Avignon. There was a limited number of review talks by leading experts in each field and selected contributed talks, fostering thorough debates. Some time was allocated to discussion sessions.Organizers:
Philippe Brax (CEA IPhT Saclay)
Chiara Caprini (CNRS IPhT Saclay)
Marco Cirelli (CERN-TH & CNRS IPhT Saclay)
Géraldine Servant (CERN-TH & CEA IPhT Saclay)
The conference was organized along the following broad categories:
- The Early Universe (inflation and alternatives, string cosmology...)
- Observational Cosmology (CMB, weak lensing...)
- Astroparticle (BBN, neutrinos, baryo/lepto-genesis...)
- Dark Matter (searches, theory, CR related aspects...)
- The accelerating Universe (Dark Energy, modified gravity...)
This was the second edition of the conference.
See the website of PONT Avignon 2008.