@mire and the DSpace Community Advisory Team with the support of DuraSpace, invite all DSpace enthusiasts to this DSpace user group meeting on Tuesday, June 21st from 9:00am to 5:00pm in Geneva. Taking place right before the OAI7 conference, the meeting will feature sessions on the upcoming DSpace 1.8 release, both addressed to repository managers and developers. In addition, @mire representatives will introduce @mire's unique offering of services and add-on modules, supporting institutions running their own in-house repository. Many thanks to Duraspace and @mire, a Registered DSpace Service Provider, for sponsoring this meeting.
University of Geneva
Uni Dufour Building
24, rue Général-Dufour
Room 408 (4th floor)
CH - 1204 Genève
2. Schedule - Open for suggestions
09.00 - 10.30: First Session: Statistics & Repository Exposure
- "The July 2011 Webometrics repository ranking" by Isidro F. Aguillo (CCHS-CSIC)
- "DSpace Search Engine Optimization" by Robert Tansley (Google)
10.30 - 10.45: Morning coffee break
10.45 - 12.30: Second Session: DSpace 1.8
12.30 - 13.30: Lunchbreak
13.30 - 15.00: Third Session: Repository Manager Session
Session Chair: Iryna Kuchma (EIFL.net)
- "Search User Interface proposal for Subject Repositories: DSpace implementation for WindMusic.org" by Christophe Dupriez (Destin Inc.)
- "The use of DSpace in France as publishing repositories : the case at INIST-CNRS" by Sylvie Gresillaud (INIST-CNRS)
- "International initiatives in the DSpace Framework : the two uses cases of E-LIS and AgriOcean DSpace" by Imma Subirats (FAO)
15.00 - 15.30: Coffee break
15.30 - 17.00: Fourth Session: Collaboration
- "Many hands make light work: teaming up with a DSpace Service Provider" by Bram Luyten (@mire)
- Duraspace presentation on Duracloud, Fedora & DSpace integration
Currently, the planning committee is finalizing the program. Suggested speakers and topics are greatly appreciated and can be submitted to Bram Luyten (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Meeting Registration
The meeting is being sponsored by DuraSpace and @mire and is free to any OAI7 attendee who wishes to participate. For planning purposes, please be sure to register by June 1st. The registration process for this user group meeting is completely separated from the general OAI7 registration.
4. Planning Committee
Bram Luyten - @mire
Valorie Hollister - DuraSpace
For more information, please contact Bram Luyten at email@example.com.