Directions to Madison
Dane County Regional Airport (airport code MSN) on Madison’s northeast side, provides regional and national air service to and from Madison, with more than 85 commercial flights in and out daily.Ground Transportation: Taxis, rental cars, courtesy vans, Madison Metro Bus
A taxi to the UW-Madison campus is about $20-25.
Via Bus from Chicago/O'Hare
The Van Galder Bus Company offers service between Chicago/O'Hare and the University of Wisconsin Memorial Union. Busses depart from Terminal 5 (International), Lower Level Door 5E and reach Madison in about 3.5 hours. The cost is $27.00 each way.
Midway Airport-UW Memorial Union is $29.00 each way.
Via Auto from Fermilab à la Tao
From the Pine St. exit (west side of the Lab) take Kirk Rd. south (left). Follow this to Tollway 88 West.
- Take Tollway 88 to the exit for Highway 39 North (40-45 miles).
- Take 39 North until Rockford (25-30 miles). In Rockford, merge onto Interstate 90 West/39 North to Wisconsin.
- Take Exit 142 left onto Hwy. 12-18 West. This is a local highway going into Madison.
- Take the Park St. exit, 261B.
- At the bottom of the ramp, take a right (north) onto Park St. Go about 2.5 miles through several (green) lights, past Regent St. to W. Johnson St.
- Turn right onto W. Johnson St.
- Move into left lane and turn left onto Lake St.
- Two public parking ramps that charge by the hour are available on Lake St. (State St. Ramp) and are within a 10-minute walk of the new Union South. On-street parking is very difficult to find on campus, and university parking lots requiring permits are closely patrolled. So public ramps are the way to go. Otherwise, parking will of course be available at your hotel.
- Downtown Parking Map
- Public Parking Ramps on UW Campus - Map