A workshop at JCDL2011.
The workshop will be of interest to anyone running or planning a disciplinary repository (DR), and anyone interested in data mining disciplinary repository corpora.It will share "secrets for success"; allow discussions of technology, services, interoperability, and the engagement of users; and foster communication within the disciplinary repository community. We call for proposals for short or lightening presentations on all aspects of disciplinary repositories and field-specific digital libraries. Topics include:
- DR architecture, infrastructure and maintenance
- Social aspects: populating and growing DRs
- Sustainability through open access, proprietary access and hybrid models
- User interaction, interface design and usability
- Value-added and innovative services
- Interaction and integration with IRs, other DRs and proprietary systems
- DR as research corpus and platform for experiments
Registration for this workshop and the rest of JCDL 2011 is now open on the JCDL website.
C. Lee Giles (Pennsylvania State University),
Salvatore Mele (CERN),
Simeon Warner (Cornell)