Powered by Indico
Terms and conditions
Academic Training Lecture For Postgraduate Students
Introduction to QCD (1/5)
500-1-001 - Main Auditorium (CERN)
500-1-001 - Main Auditorium
400Show room on map
The emphasis of the lectures will be on QCD phenomenology at high energy. The main topics of the five lectures will be :
1) Basics of QCD: Feynman rules, running coupling, beta function, renormalization schemes, infra-red singularities, non-perturbative QCD.
2) e+e- & parton branching: e+e- total cross section, shape distributions, jet fractions, parton branching, splitting functions, jet angular distributions.
3) Evolution equations: DGLAP equation, Sudakov form factor, Monte Carlo method, soft gluon emission, angular ordering, coherent branching.
4) Jet fragmentation: Fragmentation functions, small-x fragmentation, average multiplicity, hadronization models, cluster and string models, particle yields and spectra, quark and gluon jets.
5) DIS & hadron-hadron processes: Deep inelastic scattering, scaling violation, small x, hadron-hadron processes, lepton pair production, jet production, heavy quark production.
|From the same series||2 3 4 5|