This workshop will look at possible future steps for ion beam cancer therapy and address a number of key questions in this area:
- What are the clinical benefits of using ions?
- What clinical evidence exists for the current indications?
- How can we make ion therapy more economically viable?
- Should other ions species be investigated?
- Gantry vs no gantry
- What are the requirements for future imaging techniques?
The workshop will take place in the Postgraduate Centre of The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Birmingham, UK. It is jointly organised by The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, the University of Birmingham, the University of Huddersfield and Particle Accelerator Corporation. It is sponsored by the EuCARD2 FP7 Integrating Activity.
The workshop is free to attend, but registration is required due to the limited number of places.