October and December releases (update)
- Mostly fixes and consolidation of the additions made in the current release
- TGeoShape::Capacity() implemented for most primitives. Needed for accurate
computation of geometry weight. (moved to December)
- Full support for scale transformations. Requires delegating distance computation
functionalities to TGeoNode (in October)
- Other changes required by the interface G4-TGeo
Future plans and wish list:
- Support for parameterized shapes. This will reduce the geometry size in memory for
certain geometries defined in G3 style.
- CAD geometry import
- Geometry builder GUI
His program of work is here:
* TLatex new symbols (at least #ell) (no)
* Clean up the old OGL viewer (TPadView3D ... etc ... done by Fine)
* Get the color of a bin in a 2D histogram drawn with "COLZ" (no)
* With options "c" or "l", drawing is done through the bins centers.
One could implement an algorithm extrapolating to the edges. 9no)
* PostScript: Markers size must be revisited in PostScript(and PDF)
files (in October)
* PostScript output: merge TPostScript and GL2PS. (needs investigation
* Implement progressively 3d plot (LEGO, SURF) with OGL. (needs
* Implement TPie, to draw pie chart (original code in HIGZ).
1. Clipping - resolve bugs with plane set clipping (mostly working) +
1.5 expect fixes from Timur for CSG clipping
2. Add Translation/Scale/Rotate manipulators for all normal + clipping
shapes (first two done as part of clipping).
3. Fix coding convention violations + comment all code properly.
4. Draft external control (scripting) components of TVV3D - camera
(view) and clipping objects initially.
5. Intial support for large number of track/particles efficiently, or
externally 'drawn' objects registered with viewer - to be discussed with
6. CSG clipping - dep. on Timur.
7. GL-in-Pad updates.
7. Stabilise external control components of TVV3D.
8. Event display framework - first draft.
9. New GUI suitible for event display components + embedded pad version.
10. Add heads up camera for easier navigation inside detectors.
11. Look at scene rebuild efficiency - pre-create/recycle
12. Add more native GL tesselated shapes (as per spheres/tubes) if time
- look at most common ones in detectors geometries.
13. Consider decoupling from pad completely - emit signals for
selection, modification, request refilling of scene.
14. More clipping shapes - dependent on CSG working.
15. Create clipping plane(s) directly from camera - parallel to film
plane - with control to "push/pull away".
16. Restore TArcBall free perspective camera.
17. Investigate making TGLCylinder respect LOD flags at draw.
18. Interaction cursors.
19. Box zoom.
20. Lighting improvements - spotlights + carried light camera (miner's
my plans are as following:
for the October release: sPlot, TF23 minimization (no), sample quantiles in TMath and
qqplots from those sample quantiles (deec)
for the December release: Loess (nonparametric locally weighted polynomial fitting)
- XPROOFD and all related stuff (moved to Dec)
- new version of xrootd (ok)
- TXNetSystem (ok)
- Improvement and validation of the style manager functionality; (still more to do)
- Development of TAttPad and TFxx editors; (moved to Dec)
- To complete the missing functionality of the TStyleManager;
- Undo/Redo tools (moved to next year)
- New User's Guide edition in December
- Completed GUI chapter + v.5 updates
Plans for next October release:
o consolidation of Vector package. (still have to add one class)
o add missing methods in rotation (no)
o add transformation in 4 dimension (no)
o define interfaces of IGenFunction and move from MathMore (no)
o have first version of standard random package ? ()no later
* define interface to be used by TF1
* add additional algorithms from GSL: fft, multidim. integration, multidim. root finders
(problem: need probably to include GSL LA for some of these)
* add GMinuit using C++ Minuit as a tar file. C++ Minuit interfaces are not exposed, only used
Plams for December release:
* complete interfaces to functions and algorithms to have integration with TF1 like classes
* add some missing mathematical functions commonly used (incomplete beta and gamma)
* complete integration of new C++ Minuit in ROOT. Implement a backward-compatible interface.
* complete new Fitter interfaces