We are proud to present the new mobile version of Indico. Now, whenever you connect to Indico from a mobile device, you will be able to choose whether you want to use the traditional interface or a simpler mobile-friendly version.
Brand new category browsing interface
The category browsing interface has now a much fresher look, and a layout that better adapts to tablets and other devices with smaller screens.
Favorites and Dashboard
Now you can have "favorite categories" - categories that you want to follow. Just click on the button at the corner of the page, and the category in question will be added to your list. Then, from your Dashboard ("My profile" link in the blue bar), you will be able to see what is going on in your favorite categories. The Dashboard also allows you to know which events you are taking part in.
New Room Booking interface
Booking a room has never been easier. Based on the feedback we got from our users and standard usability practices, we have come up with an interface that is simpler and more efficient. You can now search for rooms as you write and check the availability of more than one room at the same time. This is still a quite experimental interface, so, don't hesitate to send us your feedback on it.
New Event Log interface
We have also thought about event managers in particular. One of the interfaces that had for a long time been waiting for improvement was the event log. Now, if you click the "Logs" link from any event's management area, you will be shown a clean and functional interface that allows you to quickly get to know what has been happening with your event.
But there are many other things you will be able to find out for yourself. Among which:
- Lectures - Added functionality to grant Submission Rights to Speakers
- Paper Reviewing - Granted Paper Review managers, referees and reviewers permission to upload papers on behalf of the author
- Room Booking - Added option to change room after cloning a reservation
Indico software has been upgraded to a new version which includes serveral improvements and offers new features, such as:
When creating a Vidyo booking, if the name of the Vidyo room does already exist and you own the room, Indico will suggest to attach the existing room to the event.
- From now on, vidyo services managers will be cloned when cloning an event (and Vidyo option is checked).
- A new feature has been added to the room booking service. One can define the daily availability of your room. For instance, you could set that your room can be booked and used only from 8h30 to 17h30.
- Third party applications can use our HTTP API in order to book a room.
Now, Indico is syncronazing your participation in events with Outlook. When you are added as a participant in any event or when you register to a conference; an entry will show up in your personal Outlook calendar. Users can disable this option from its personal preferences.
- Now, Indico is syncronazing your participation in events with Outlook. When you are added as a participant in any event or when you register to a conference; an entry will show up in your personal Outlook calendar. Users can disable this option from its personal preferences.
- The modification of contributions is now done via a popup.
- When adding or editing a contribution, we can grant/revoke the submission rights of the speakers individually.
New Interfaces for:
- Conference overview: added icons and new style.
Poster and Badges has been re-designed.
- Option List and Scientific programme for Conference organization.
- Warning pages: lock, delete, etc
- In the event protection page, warnings will be displayed if there are items inside it (contributions, sessions, materials) with a different protection.
Call for abstracts:
- Added option to the setup page which enables track coordinators to directly accept or reject abstracts (before they could only propose).
Added feature to change a rejected abstract back to 'submitted' status. Learn more here.
List of Abstracts:
- New layout for the list of abstracts, including a new tool bar and filters.
- As well, capabilities to sort by modification date and by track have been added.
- Added option to notify managers when a user applies for participation.
Conference support field:
- Added the option to write, not only the email, but also the phone number.
- When adding a new category manager, an email is triggered to all the other managers (optional)
- Search has been pluginized and added CERN Search.
- HTTP API: added action to download files.
- Performance improved: Using memcached.
Indico software has been upgraded to its latest version.
This version includes some bug fixes and has new features, such as:
- Statistics Per Conference & Contribution: a new widget has been added in order to track file downloading.
- Vidyo features:
- Added more notifications on Paper Reviewing module. Learn more here.
Call for abstracts improvements:
- Reviewed and improved abstract status per track and global. Learn more here.
- Added a tool that allows to download all attached files.
Some improvements based of the Usability Study outcome:
New interface for Author and Speaker lists,
- New interface for Session display,
- Many improvements on Paper Reviewing listings,
- ...among others.
- New interface for Author and Speaker lists,
A new version of Indico is now available at CERN.
Please note that our policy concerning iCal/Atom feeds has changed - before, downloaded iCal/RSS files included all events, even those protected (except for categories inside ATLAS). Now, users will only get back the events that they are authorized to access. If you want to have an iCal/Atom file that contains events that are private (and that you can access), you'll have to log in first. If you wish to retrieve this information without having to log in (i.e. using an automatic system), consider using our HTTP API.
This new release includes, among others, the following features:
Indico now collects access statistics per event/contribution - you will be able to see them for events managed by you - please note that statistics have only started to be collected from the moment this upgrade has been performed, you won't get any numbers for previous dates;
Protection status is now displayed for events and categories - it is now shown at the top of each page, next to timezone information;
A new unified user information pop-up has been added - it includes basic profile options;
Reworked Search Box - it now allows you to set whether you want to search in the current category or at the server level;
Contributions and abstracts are now displayed in a much nicer way - you can now filter them by title;
Review history in paper reviewing has been improved;
- Atom is now used instead of RSS for feeds;
Last summer we have done a survey to collect feedback from our users, thank you all for your replies!
In the following document we have summarized the results of the survey and we would like to share them with you: Indico survey results.
This survey, as well as a simple heuristic evaluation and usability lab test sessions done in parallel, allowed us to collect many findings and ideas on how to improve Indico. We have already implemented some in the last releases and more changes will come in the next few months.
Thanks once again!
New features and improvements have been added to Indico, such as:
Timetable Drag&Drop: The edition of your event timetable is easier now. Simply, drag and drop the timetable entries in order to change their start date. One can also resize the timetable entries, move contributions inside sessions and undo the last change. Learn more here.
- Renewed participant module: This module has been changed from the core to the interface. It is easier to use and setup. You can also customize all the e-mails. Learn more here.
- User search: All modules that provide a search for users are now opening a fast search pop-up with "favourites" capabilities.
New pop-up dialogs: All Indico pop-up dialogs have been improved in order to perform better with all browsers. They can be dragged around the webpage and they can be closed using ESC key.
- Faster room booking: The performance of the room booking system has been improved, particularly: Calendar, My rooms, Bookings in my rooms, Pre-Booking in my rooms, My bookings, My pre-bookings, Blockings in my rooms.
Synchronize Indico with your calendar: Now you can generate a link to use it from your calendaring tool in order to synchronize it with Indico.
Faster loading of events: Thanks to an "infinite scroll" implementation, it is faster to access a long list of events. Indico is loading for you the next events in the list before you scroll down to the last entry.
This button is conveniently located at the bottom right corner of every Indico event page:
When triggered it opens a pop-up which allows the content of the page to be immediately shared using any of the supported services.
We currently support:
Please note that the event data in Google Calendar won't be updated in case it changes. If you want that to happen, you should manually import the event's iCal file into Google Calendar.
The 4th of November, the old export interface will be discontinued and shut down, in favor of the new HTTP API.
Please, change your scripts, cronjobs, etc, to comply with the HTTP API as soon as possible and before the 4th of November, when export.py will not be available anymore.
More information about the new API and how to use can be found here:
We are glad to announce new features and improvements on Indico v0.98b2, such as:
HTTP Export API: Indico allows you to programmatically access the content of its database by exposing various information like category contents, events, room and room bookings through a web service. You can also access protected information using an access control service. Learn more here.
- E-payment extra fee: Conference organisers can setup extra fees for credit card payments. For instance, one can choose to charge extra 4 CHF with VISA, MasterCard, etc. Check it out in your conference, Registration > E-payment > CERN E-payment.
- Electronic agreement: when requesting a webcast or recording for your event, there is no need for authors to sign a paper agreement anymore. Now this is done electronically throug Indico. Learn more here.
- Contact info: Category managers owning protected categories can set contact details to be used in case of an Access Error. In such a case, a user that cannot access (and he should) will know who to contact.
- Automatic profile update: Your personal data is automatically updated with the information from CERN database. If you want to keep a different Indico profile you can now edit it and avoid the synchrozation.
- Map of rooms: The map of rooms has become the home page of the room booking system.
Importer: Indico Timetable has a new feature Import. This tool can be used to fetch information from CDS and attach it to your event timetable. Learn more here.
Room blocking: If you are a room manager and you need to prevent bookings during a given period for a set of rooms, this is your feature. Block a room for any period of time and nobody but you will be able to create bookings. Learn more here.
Please, take 5 minutes of your time to complete our survey, it is totally anonymous and your personal information will not be made available for any purpose.
So, what are you waiting for ? Answer the survey now!
We are glad to announce the new Indico v0.98 which brings many new features and improvements, such as:
- Indico is now faster thanks to many performance optimizations, including event overview, timetable, abstract and contribution listing. Navigation itself is in general more prompt.
Web chat integration: organizers chairing remote meetings can create a chat room for the attendees and a direct link to the room will be published in the home page of the event. Lear more from here.
New map of rooms in the Room Booking system: this Google Maps application will help you to geographically locate the rooms, check their availability or even to look for rooms around the building of your choice: https://indico.cern.ch/roomBooking.py/mapOfRooms
- Paper reviewing module: full reviewing process for the papers have been integrated in this version 0.98. Learn more from here.
- Updated the search engine in order to provide a faster indexing of data and straightaway search results.
- Multi-file upload: now one can upload multiple files at the same time.
- We’ve introduced user preferences, for instance, a user can choose if past events should be always displayed or not (default). Just check it in you profile page!
- Indico is now more secure: fully HTTPS after log in.
As a first step of a medium-term plan in order to optimize and speed-up Indico, some parts of the room booking system have been highly optimized:
- home page access
- modification of bookings
- deletion of bookings
All this actions are performed in less than 1 second (avg) after these improvements.
We are proud to announce that new Video Services features are available for your conferences, meetings and lectures.
Indico users can now easily join videoconferences created by event managers in the EVO system or through CERN's MCU. Connection information will appear on the events' display pages.
Thanks to the new Video Services section in the event management interface, event managers can now:
- Book and join virtual meetings in the EVO videoconferencing system;
- Book, start and stop videoconferences in CERN's MCU, and specify the participants by choosing among CERN's H.323 - capable rooms or creating participants themselves;
- Request that their events be recorded in equipped rooms;
- Request that their events be webcasted in equipped rooms.
For more information on the EVO and CERN's MCU services, please visit the Videoconferencing technologies at CERN page.
For more information on how to use the new Indico features, please consult the Video Services guides in the Help page.
The new Indico version is released and it includes among other improvements:
- a completely reshaped interface for a greatly improved user experience.
- internationalised interface (currently in French and English).
- simplified event creation
- inline editing
- shorter event list
- improved category search
- new popup widgets including a better date selection tool, minutes writing tool, user and group selection tool.
- entirely customizable conference web sites.
- better handling of the conferences timetable.
For further information, please see the CNL article: cerncourier.com/cws/article/cnl/40385
It does not include:
- general performance improvements - This will be our main focus for the next semester.
- General News
- 12.12.2008 Indico search improved to offer search on private events
- 13.05.2008 Indico now uses CERN SSO
- 27.03.2008 Indico v.0.96 in production. Indico is now timezone-aware!
- 30.06.2007 Indico is now load-balanced on 2 application servers - This should avoid further overloads like the recently experienced ones.
- 23.05.2007 v0.94 in production
- 19.03.2007 7:17pm: Indico database has been moved to a new server
- Soon to come
- International version
- New interface
- Evo booking interface
- New features
- 26.05.2007 CERN room booking system is now integrated into Indico
- 23.05.2007 Poster generation for lectures
- 23.05.2007 Evaluation form for events
- 23.05.2007 Global templates for badges/posters
- 23.05.2007 New search integration: focus is now possible on selected categories and even on specific conferences
- 04.05.2007 "Compile minutes" feature for event write minutes page
- 04.05.2007 Added RSS feed to category overview pages
- 27.04.2007 Added "How to export data from Indico" section to main user guide
- 24.04.2007 Added support for Office 2007 documents
- Bug fixes
- 14.05.2007 conference clone: the display manager is also cloned (menu...)
- 04.05.2007 participants: when creating a new participant, check first if he/she does not exist in the user db
- 24.04.2007 send email to registrants: cc list is now preserved when using the preview
- 23.04.2007 reschedule slot: time gap not applied to breaks
- 20.04.2007 reschedule session slot: update parents date when needed
- 20.04.2007 fixed bug in "(un)select all" in session conveners listing page
- 16.04.2007 fixed bug in editing category files/links
- 30.03.2007 Specific file types icons are displayed only when no other files are available
- 28.03.2007 Fixed cross-site scripting security issue