The open exchange of ideas and the freedom of thought and expression are central to the aims and goals of QIP; these require an environment that fosters dignity, understanding, and mutual respect, and that embraces diversity. The organizers of QIP 2023 are committed to an inclusive conference experience, respectful of all participants and free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, or retaliation. All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at QIP 2023 are expected to read and agree with the following code of conduct. It applies to all event venues as well as event-related social activities.
We expect all participants in QIP 2023 activities to:
- Exercise respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Abstain from making use of sexual & sexualized imagery in talks and posters.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants: for example, other people may hear inappropriate comments even if they are not your intended audience.
- Alert community leaders and get involved (if safe and possible) when you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this policy, even if they seem inconsequential.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the conference a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference.
Emergency services (police, ambulance)
In Belgium, emergency services can be contacted at:
|Phone||112 (In case of emergency)|
Violations of code of conduct
The Ghent University service Trustpunt can provide support to any attendees in need. This service is confidential. To make an appointment, their contact details are:
|Phone||+32 9 264 82 82, only available 9am to noon|
You can also contact the local organizers at:
|Phone||+32 471 99 44 93|
In case of danger or crisis, you can contact the permanence center of UGent 24/7:
|Phone||+32 9 264 88 88|
For support outside of the Ghent University context, you can contact the Community Help Service. This service is confidential. The contact details are:
|Phone||+32 2 648 40 14|