Tape drive states
- Vova found a solution for the error that he was facing in the unit-tests and will be working on implementing it.
PostgreSQL scheduler DB
- David will be working on understanding the current object store logic.
REPACKING tape state and queue cleanup
- v4.8.0-0.rc1 test version has been released, and is in the process of being tested by Vlado and Julien.
- Vlado has already identified some issues on: https://gitlab.cern.ch/cta/CTA/-/issues/83 These need to be fixed and/or discussed.
- Lasse will be working on this as one of his first tasks. He is free to re-write the original code as he sees fit.
- The objective is to produce a workable version, free of the existing bugs.
Move subdirectories from CTA dev repo into new repos
- No more meaningful issues found. Remove from next weeks agenda.
cta-admin build for CentOS Stream-8, and other CI changes
- There is some remaining work to do:
- Restructure the repo for centos7 and centos stream-8
- Prepare installation in aiadm. Jorge will work on this with Julien, to see how the corresponding puppet module can be configured.
- It needs to be tested. Jorge will use a centos stream-8 container.
- There needs to be a trigger from the main CTA repo to this centos stream-8 release repo.
Overall, Jorge and Julien need to check this:
- How to trigger cta-admin release for centos stream-8
- Where to put in the repo
- How to test cta-admin before deploying
Rename ArchiveForUser and ArchiveForRepack
- We decided to go for a simple fix, since renaming the names in CTA code might cause even more inconsistencies. This will be re-evaluated lated, once Postgres queues are available.
- In the meanwhile, Lasse will add support for field renaming in the "cta-admin-ops" tool.
Experiment with test release tags
- We discussed the possibility of having a "release" branch, where all the release commits are merged and tagged. This would provide a clean history of all releases, separate from the normal development workflow.
- The feasibility of this approach (with some possible changes, up to discussion) needs to be evaluated by Joao.
- Check with Elvin/Michal to see how this is done in xrootd releases.