Loops‘24 is the most recent in a long tradition of biennial meetings focused on loop quantum gravity and background independent approaches to quantum gravity, happening from May 6 - May 10, 2024, at Florida Atlantic University and Broward County Main Library in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
The conference will highlight recent developments in canonical loop quantum gravity, covariant loop quantum gravity (spin foams), and other approaches to quantum gravity, as well as applications to symmetry-reduced models, quantum cosmology, black holes in quantum gravity, and other topics. Foundational, mathematical, numerical, and phenomenological aspects will be covered.
As a related event, the Loop Quantum Gravity Summer School 2024 (Blaumann School for Quantum Gravity) will be held at the same place one week before the conference, from Apr 29 - May 3, 2024.
Confirmed Plenary Speakers:
- Seth Asante (Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena)
- Abhay Ashtekar (Pennsylvania State University)
- Pietro Dona (Centre de Physique Théorique Marseille)
- Marc Geiller (Ecole Normale Superieure Lyon)
- Florian Girelli (University of Waterloo)
- Viqar Husain (University of New Brunswick)
- Baofei Li (Zhejiang University of Technology)
- Hongguang Liu (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Qiaoyin Pan (Florida Atlantic University)
- Andreas Pithis (Ludwig Maximilan University of Munich)
- Wojciech Kaminski (Uniwersytet Warszawski)
- Dongxue Qu (Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics)
- Suvrat Raju (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research)
- Parampreet Singh (Louisiana State University)
- Thomas Thiemann (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Wolfgang Wieland (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Edward Wilson-Ewing (University of New Brunswick)
- Cong Zhang (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
Local Organizing Committee: Jonathan Engle (chair), Muxin Han (co-chair), Christopher Beetle, Rafael Dias, Jeremy Martinon, Warner Miller, Shicong Song.
Scientific Advisory Committee: Ivan Agullo, Eugenio Bianchi, Alejandro Corichi, Bianca Dittrich, Rodolfo Gambini, Kristina Giesel, Hal Haggard, Jerzy Lewandowski, Etera Livine, Yongge Ma, Mescedes Martin-Benito, Daniele Oriti, Alejandro Perez, Francesca Vidotto, Madhavan Varadarajan, Anzhong Wang.
There may be financial support for the accommodations of a limited number of PhD students. To request the financial support, please send an application including CV and a recommendation letter from the advisor to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 1st.