We invite you to join us in Sydney, Australia for the 8th edition of the international CYGNUS Workshop on Directional Recoil Detection.
Location: School of Physics, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
When: 11th - 15th December 2023
Conference fee: Free!
The aim of CYGNUS 2023 is to bring together experimentalists and theorists interested in developing detectors with the capability of detecting the directions of recoiling particles, especially for low-energy applications. The scientific scope of the workshop is broad and will cover applications from across particle physics, astroparticle physics, and nuclear physics. Some of the specific topics that will be captured by the workshop include:
- Directional detection of dark matter
- Directional neutrino detection
- Directional neutron detection
- Gas TPCs and MPGDs
- Novel directional detection technologies
- Recoil simulation tools
- Detection of rare nuclear decays
The programme will consist of five days of keynote and contributed talks. All days will be scheduled into plenary (rather than parallel) sessions, and time will be devoted to allow for extended discussions. Abstract submission is open now.
Previous editions of the CYGNUS workshop series:
- CYGNUS 2015: http://cygnus2015.com
- CYGNUS 2017: http://www.tir.tw/conf/cygnus2017/
- CYGNUS 2019: https://agenda.infn.it/event/18542/