- Instrumentation WG:
- AI Notes that Instrumentation WG also had a Town Hall [https://indico.cern.ch/event/1021159/]
- And a Panel Discussion [https://indico.cern.ch/event/1203836/]
- "Early Career Instrumentation Forum" format could be continued by us, for regular events.
- No EoI during the meeting to start any new projects in the group.
- Mandate Renewal:
- ACTION FOR EVERYONE: Make sure that your ECFA country Rep is aware of when/if you want to be replaced/renewed, even if you just started. Preferably let the organising committee know too so we can keep our spreadsheet up to date.
- e.g. if you are nominally on the panel until Dec 2023, still let the ECFA rep know if you want to be renewed after that or not, so they have a lot of time to think about a replacement.
PECFA / RECFA
- KJ notes Czech Republic ECR Meeting: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1252937/
- Followed up a request after their RECFA visit.
- Highlight, showed some Czech specific analysis of the EDI+CP survey after collecting many more responses: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1252937/contributions/5388652/
- ACTION: Mention this (and the FCC week event in the intro) in the Panel's end-of-year report.
- ICFA Seminar: Very strict timeline but Email was sent around after meeting to advertise for input.
- RECFA Agendas:
- HK asks if these are publically available and could be added to the website?
- 1st day 9am-9pm: Has ECR talks etc., is public and agendas have been added to the slides after the meeting.
- 2nd half-day: Considers drafts of letters to the country so is private.
WG: Future Colliders
- Emphasis that this is a nice example of going from an idea to a planned event in a short space of time :)
- 27th September @ CERN/Zoom! ECFA-wide "Future Colliders for ECRs" event. All should try to attend in person or at least connect online.
- ACTION: Invitation email to event will go out soon: then panelists should help to widely advertise the event in their networks.
- National Events in October.
- ACTION FOR EVERYONE: Take the blueprint and begin working together to plan the event in your country!
- Smaller countries could join up
- ECFA Reps in each country are expecting to help you find speakers/panellists. Use them!
WG: Software/ML 4 Instrumentation
- HP notes potential for cohesion with existing "Schools for ECRS in PP Instrumentation" website https://early-career-instrumentation.web.cern.ch/, to list existing training/resources for SW/ML specific parts
- AI notes he is involved in "ECFA Taskforce in Instrumentation" plans to overhaul to a new website: can involve this stuff there.
- ACTION FOR WG: follow up.
- NF suggests to make nationality plot into a 2D nationality v employment correlation plot to improve readibility.
- Call for more personpower: No EoIs during meeting but 2 panelists interested to join after meeting.
- End of year report
- Didn't discuss more but should have something similar to last year [https://arxiv.org/abs/2212.11238] to summarise this year's work.
- ACTION: start to think about what will go in here and how we will organise writing it.
- Next meeting
- Nominally September, before November RECFA meeting.
- AI suggests that if a lot of people are at CERN for the 27th September Forum then we could have it the day before/after that and make it hybrid.
- HP agrees and suggest that even if that doesn't work, then the Panelists who are present at CERN should have a social event to meet in person.
- No other business.
Minutes - Holly
Chairing - Valentina then Holly
There are minutes attached to this event.