Introduction by the organising committee:
- three spots available as Plenary ECFA delegate, please send your nominations/self-nominations
- consider to join also the organisation committee
- End-of-year report will have to be prepared on the activities that we did this year: a draft will be prepared, call for active people to contribute
- job mailing list?
PECFA/RECFA - Armin
- several updates were discussed in the summer plenaries ECFA meetings regarding laboratories, detectors R&D and new ideas for future factories
- PECFA meeting 16/17 november with new chair nomination + talks on detector R&D etc
- ICFA seminar at DESY 27.11 -> send ideas about future perspectives in HEP to Lydia (RECFA)
- country visits are ongoing
Future Collider WG - Armin
- successful meeting for ECRs at CERN in September with > 100 participants
- attention was given also to
- environmental impact of new facilities
- impact on society (costs a cup of coffee per year to each european and the impact on knowledge is huge!)
- ideas for recycling facilities (was pointed out that in the ~20 years in between last taken data and future colliders one can use the actual detectors in facilities at CERN)
- muon collider and FCC go hand in hand in the development of technologies
- not only detectors: reports on feasibility precision measurements were delivered
- EIC and FCC were also discussed in the point of view of heavy-ion experiments
- ECRs have primary role in the future colliders shaping + huge interest from everybody involved
- WG activities have been presented in different meetings and now a document is to be prepared
- national events are in preparation
Software and machine learning WG - Marta
- survey in preparation about software and ML skills needed
- plan to organise a school/workshop dedicated to software training and development
- join mattermost channel and mailing list!
Career prospect and diversity in physics - Holly
- survey updates, 760 answers were collected!
- plan for the analysis now ongoing, the document will also include recommendations for the future
- if interested in contributing join mattermost and mailing list!
- end-of-year report? Idea to have one person responsible for drafting the different sections about WGs
- job mailing list? call for volunteers to take responsibility on this activity!
- next meeting at the end of January where a formal call for PECFA representatives will be done
There are minutes attached to this event.