BiLD – 27/11/2025
At CERN: Federico, Christophe, Christopher, Ryun, Alexandre
On Zoom: Ueda, Daniela, Hideki, Alexei, Natthan, Mazen, Jorge, Xiaomei, Vladimir
Apologies: Andrei
Previous meetings
- Last BiLD was 2 weeks ago, and 1 week ago we had a certification hackathon
DIRAC communities roundtable
LHCb:
Federico+Christopher+Christophe+Alexandre+Ryun
Belle2
Hideki, Ueda
- OpenSearch discussion: how long to keep data. Suggestion is to open a discussion for sharing best practices.
- from previous meeting Scalability issues: MySQL. Probably caused by many short jobs
- from previous meeting Found some
stomp related issues, will check if already signaled, if not will create a new one
Juno+BES3:
Xiaomei
- Wants to clean VOMS- discussion to be open
- from previous meeting Forced to use Multi-hop. Mostly successfull, but issues reported
- Chistophe saw the issues, will look at it soon
- a PR has been created, to be tried.
EGI
Mazen
- from previous meeting Created GreenDIRAC extension for keeping related developments: GreenReportingAgent, energy consumption by jobs tool (Mazen)
- Submitting energy metrics for each job into the DB
- from previous meeting Started a GreenSiteDirector
- work in progress, for submitting to sites that have a lower energy footprint
- from previous meeting Got functional D9/Dx0.0.1 certification installation (Bertrand):
- DIRAC9 host + 2 hosts k3s cluster for DiracX + S3/minIO
- Chris+Federico should not run on 2. Better 1 or 3
- Opensearch with certificate authentication
- will contribute to DiracX for this
- IAM dev IdP, failed with dteam IAM, Check-In in progress
- wants to add also a MQ
GridPP:
Daniela, Simon
- Nothing to report for production, all other issues we have are logged on git.
CTAO:
Natthan
- Nothing to report for production
- New version of Helm charts deploying DIRAC, DiracX, IAM, Rucio, in Kind.
Topics from GitHub discussions and bots
Releases
DIRAC
- v8.0.77
- NEW: (#8256) Included a VO (using top level groups as VO) option when getting user subjects from IAM. Behaviour with single VO IAM should be unchanged.
- v9.0.8
- NEW: (#8263) add scitag to FTS transfers
- Can be used by whoever configured scitag – e.g. Belle2
- v9.0.9
- CHANGE: (#8359) Subprocess: use psutil for killing processes
- v9.0.10
- Few fixes following the last hackathon
- CHANGE: (#8373) This contains various speed of for the TS, mostly by using temporary tables for the queries, only requesting what’s needed in the DB, and bulking things more efficiently
Issues (still there?):
DiracX
- v0.0.2
- Federico I will start merging in a few PRs by next week (things that will need to go through a hackathon). Maybe create 0.0.3 now?
Release planning, tests and certification
-
Upgrade to v9+0.0.1:
-
Certification machines
- Federico added 1 person from CMS (in dteam VO) – submitting few jobs
- Federico added the diracx_admin VO. Somehow not working fully …?
-
Next hackathon(s)
- in 2 weeks, with actually code that needs careful testing
DIRAC projects
DIRAC:
Issues by milestone:
Other issues:
- Get infos from CRIC
- Replacement for BDII2CSAgent #8194
- 13th Nov New updates in https://helpdesk.ggus.eu/#ticket/zoom/3427
- Andrè (enthusiastically?) volunteered ;-)
- GOCDB has agreed to implement the scopes as we originally asked for.
- As a test, we implented scopes for ilc and t2k.org, that the sites can set for their services.
- Once Andre S has finished his DIRAC side tests, we can submit a GGUS ticket and they will generated scopes for all the VOs we give them.
- Then we just need to find a way to diplomatically phrase an EGI broadcast, so we hopefully don’t have to contact all sites individually.
PRs discussed:
WebApp:
Pilot:
- PR for removing Python2 support re-created (previous one introduced a bug)
- Tested in hackathon, will be merged into
master when all tests pass (pending RAL support @@)
- from previous meeting if you really want to keep py2 support, there’a tag
DIRACOS:
Documentation:
management
- Having again issues for
/cvmfs/dirac.egi.eu (the syncing was not happening, ticketed, etc.). No monitoring on their side, urgent need to move out.
- from previous meeting new
/cvmfs/dirac.cern.ch repository created – CERN ticket
- action on cburr to populate it (using LHCb “machinery”)
DB12
- NTR
- from previous meeting Federico “I asked Igor if he wanted to become one if not the main maintainer”
- from previous meeting We should agree on a strategy on how to do things here, as PRs can’t just be merged:
- there are reports created that depend from it, merging/releasing on a random Tuesday is not the way to go
- can we have parallel benchmarks? not clear actually if that’s doable
- Federico maybe create a “2026” release?
- we should see if there would be time for that
Rucio
Tests
DiracX:
Issues and Discussions
PRs discussed:
- All PRs have failing tests:
Error: plugin source does not support verification. Use --verify=false to skip verification
Cleaning up
DiracX-charts:
DiracX-web:
- NTR, but many “bumps” PRs
Next appointments
AOB
LHCbDIRAC
- The Pilots respect the
PreferredURL regex – see improvements?
- CHEP abstracts in https://codimd.web.cern.ch/4mOg3RgsT1eVTnb4KT3Tuw?edit
- ISIMA interview?
- from previous meeting The CS in lhcbdiracx has not been updated lately because of new fields added which do not pass the validation
- so no new users in the last 10 days
- protection from that is in the works (issue in DIRAC attached to Natthan)
- Several MRs in the system, reminders to update the existing ones and check what’s actually ready for merge
- Bookkeeping
- We should change the passwords of our dirac users - new should be at least 15 characters long – maybe no need (?)
- Repartition done – are we happy?
-
- PRs:
- mc submit: Alexandre starting development for fully getting out of “templates”
- PoolCE should be interpreting a signal for stopping to process jobs.