The schedule for this Journal Club on String Theory will be as follows:
1) The latest news in the world of strings
Please bring papers that caught your recent attention and briefly summarize motivations, methods and results.
2) A-I-B approach to mirror symmetry
Andrei Losev will lead a discussion on:
"A-I-B approach to mirror symmetry"
Abstract: Mirror symmetry on toric manifolds is understood as equivalence of conformal field theories.
1. The Gromov-Witten theory is rewritten as a conformal sigma model in the first order formalizm.
2. Compactification from $(C^*)_N$ to the full toric manifold is constructed with the help of special \"holomortex\" operators.
3. A version of T-duality in the first order theory on $(C^*)^N$ is performed, that makes holomortexes local operators in new fundamental fields. That is how we get I-theory.
4. B-model is obtained from I-theory by analytical continuation.