ROOT is a tool kit for data analysis, storage and visualization. It is widely used in High Energy Physics and other disciplines like Astrophysics, Biology, and Finance. This event is an introductory tutorial to ROOT and comprises a front lecture and hands on exercises.
- The tutorial is based on ROOT 6.06 (NOT on the ROOT 5 series).
- It is assumed you come to the tutorial with your own laptop.
- The CERN Notebook service, SWAN, will be used for the hands on exercises
- It is recommended to install ROOT 6.06 (or later) on your laptop.
- It is recommended you check if cernbox is working for you.