As an optional part of the RT2018 Conference, a tour of Jefferson Lab has been arranged on the afternoon of Friday, June 15th. If you wish to participate – in advance of the tour – please register on Jefferson Lab’s online tour database – using the link provided at the bottom of this page no later than Tuesday June 12, 2018. Companions are also welcome to attend. Each guest must sign in separately with his or her legal name and full address. Please note, tour space is limited:
Transportation will be provided to Jefferson Lab from the Woodlands Hotel, and back. You may also use your own transportation if this aids in your travel plans. The tour buses will return to the Woodlands Hotel by approximately 5:00pm. Please take this into consideration based on your travel arrangements. Jefferson Lab is located in Newport News within 5 miles of the Newport News Airport, and approximately 45 minutes from the Norfolk Airport.
Please read the information presented as you complete your online registration. If you have any questions, you may contact Mike Robbins at 757-269-7617 or email@example.com.
For the tour and for your safety:
- Wear long pants or slacks - Shorts, Capri pants, skirts, and dresses are not permitted.
- Wear short or long-sleeved shirts - Sleeveless shirts or tank tops are not permitted.
- Wear flat or low-heeled, closed-toe shoes - Sandals, open-toe or high heel shoes are not permitted.
For identification purposes:
- In order to participate in a tour, visitors must present identification compliant with the federal REAL ID Act. Note: Currently all US State drivers licenses are compliant.
- If a visitor does not possess a state-issued driver’s license or ID card that is compliant with the REAL ID Act, the individual must present one of the other identifications listed on the Department of Homeland Security website: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification. Note: Foreign visitors should bring their passports. College, university, and K-12 teacher and student picture IDs are not considered REAL IDs. Picture IDs other than those listed in the referenced web sites will not be accepted as REAL IDs. Actual documents are required for verification. Electronic (cell phone or tablet) and paper pictures of actual documents (e.g. passports, green cards) will not be accepted as REAL IDs.
If you are a Jefferson Lab employee, user, or student and have a personal Jefferson Lab assigned dosimeter, you must pick it up prior to the tour and wear it. Please let Mike Robbins know that you do have an assigned dosimeter.
Driving directions to Jefferson Lab can be found here: https://www.jlab.org/directions
The Conference concludes around 1 pm Friday. The tour buses will depart from the Woodlands Hotel at 1:30pm.
Cameras and smartphones are always welcome! We look forward to your visit to Jefferson Lab.
TOUR REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED