This session is reserved for "free discussions" of topics relevant to the scope of LS-2 upgrades. The list of topics is by design evolving and will be defined during discussions in the preceding days and even during this very session. Key topic discussions are expected to be documented with a few slides, which can be prepared before this session, during or even after the corresponding discussion takes place.
The evolving list of topics:
- Features driven by physics considerations that may become part of the requirements
- Interfaces between components of the system and external interfaces (CMS DAQ, Trigger etc.)
- Radiation hardness considerations and impact on the designs
- Flavors of OTMBs (moving ME1/1 OTMBs to ME3/1 & 4/1 to make new OTMBs with additional optical inputs for ME1/1 and ME2/1)
- GEM-CSC Interface for GE2/1 and ME0
We currently assume that GE2/1 will need a connection to CSC while ME0 will likely be producing its own stubs that will be sent directly to the Track Finder