The 25th Nordic Particle Physics Meeting (Spåtind 2018) will take place at the Thon Hotel in Skeikampen (Norway), from Tuesday, January 2 to Sunday, January 7, 2018. The program consists of lectures and overview presentations on some of the most topical subjects in particle physics and related fields. In addition, participants are invited to give contributed talks at the conference.
The lectures will include the following topics:
- Particle physics in the era of LHC: Searches for new physics, Standard Model measurements, Heavy ion physics, ...
- Gravity and gravitational waves
- Dark Matter and Dark Sector
- Recent theoretical advances in particle physics
- Future accelerators: machines and physics: Future Circular Colliders, High Luminosity and High Energy LHC; European Spallation Source (ESS) and neutrino super beams (nuSB)
- Particle physics in the era of artificial intelligence, new directions in software and computing, connecting the dots - Track reconstruction in the era of data science
Registration and Contributions
Registration for the meeting is now open and will be closed on Friday 15 Dec 2017. See registration in the menu on the left.
Deadline for abstracts for contributed talks is also 15 Dec 2017. Abstract are recommended to be provided already at the time of registration or submitted later as plain text to spaatind2018 [at] fys.uio.no.
All participants must make the hotel reservation themselves! See Accommodation in the menu on the left. Hurry up as the price might increase later!