Welcome to the 41st CERN School of Computing (CSC 2018). This year’s School is organized in collaboration with Tel Aviv University (TAU), and will take place from 1 to 14 October 2018 in the vibrant city of Tel Aviv, Israel.
The two-week programme consists of more than 50 hours of lectures and hands-on exercises, covering three main themes: base technologies, physics computing, and data technologies. Students who pass the final optional exam will receive a diploma from CSC and TAU.
However, it's not all study; the social and sport programme is also a vital part of the School. We will have ample opportunities to explore and experience some of Israel's great cultural, historical and natural attractions, and profit from Tel Aviv’s location by the sea.
Who can apply?
Applications are now closed.
The School is aimed at postgraduate (ie. minimum of Bachelor degree or equivalent) engineers and scientists, working at CERN or at other research institutes, with experience in particle physics, in computing or in related fields. We welcome applications from all nationalities, and encourage all qualified persons to apply. Limited financial support may be available.
- Late March - registration opens
- Sunday 13 May (midnight CEST/GMT+2) - deadline for applications
- By Friday 1 June - you will be informed of outcome of selections
- Monday 18 June - latest date for School fees payment if you are accepted
- Monday 1 October (afternoon/evening) - student arrivals at Bnei Dan, Tel Aviv
- Sunday 14 October (morning) - departure