ENSAR2 workshop: GEANT4 in nuclear physics
24 April 2019 - 26 April 2019 - CIEMAT Madrid, Spain
Monte Carlo simulations play a key role in the planning, realization and analysis of nuclear physics experiments and applications. For this reason, the ENSAR2 European Project is organising a workshop between the GEANT4 developers and nuclear physicist with important experience in GEANT4. The goals of the workshop are:
- to transmit to the GEANT4 developers the priorities and needs of the nuclear physics community in terms of simulations.
- To learn from the GEANT4 developers about the current performance of the simulation toolkit, its limitations and ideas about its future developments.
- To facilitate the porting of code developed by nuclear physicists (inside/outside the ENSAR2 community) into the GEANT4 toolkit.
- To promote the exchange of ideas and information between the different GEANT4 code developers and advanced users from the nuclear physics community and the GEANT4 collaboration.
The following areas of research in nuclear physics will be covered:
- Nuclear structure: decay and in-beam studies;
- Nuclear reactions at low and intermediate energies;
- Underground experiments;
- Detector development;
- Energy applications;
- Medical applications.
The workshop is targeted to advanced GEANT4 users and code developers in the field of nuclear physics and the GEANT4 development team.
This workshop is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme grant agreement No 654002.
Local organising committee – CIEMAT
D. Cano-Ott (GEANT4 / ENSAR2)
E. Mendoza (GEANT4 / ENSAR2)
P. Arce (GEANT4)
International scientific advisory committee:
H. Álvarez Pol (ENSAR2 / U. Santiago de Compostela – Spain)
N. Kalantar (ENSAR2 / KVI-CART – The Netherlands)
M. Labiche (STFC Daresbury – UK)
J.M. Quesada (GEANT4 / U. Sevilla – Spain)
A. Ribon (GEANT4 / CERN – Switzerland)
L. Sarmiento (U. Lund - Sweden)
J.L. Taín (CSIC / IFIC – Spain)
M. Taylor (GEANT4 / U. Manchester)