- Guys from IBM sent a ping about the LinuxOne machine
- Was useful -- they have a 5000 OSD cluster and enjoy some of the issues we also see (balancing, how to handle inconsistent PGs)
- Slides available here: https://indico.cern.ch/event/803456/overview
- Some dev ideas coming out:
- better handling for weak writes (which leads to inconsistent PG): repair the PG immediately, and *overwrite* the object in place so that it may fix the PendingSector.
- add pg-upmap-items-force (and rm-pg-upmap-items-force) which do not do any crush rule validation. This would be useful when migrating to new crush topologies.