The 11th international conference on Direct Reactions with Exotic Beams (DREB2020) will be held in Santiago de Compostela, Spain, from June 29th to July 3rd 2020.
This DREB conference is part of the biennial series, which began in 1999 at MSU, East Lansing, at the initiative of physicists working in the field from MSU, IPN-Orsay, and FSU. The following meetings were held at Orsay (2001), Guildford (2003), East Lansing (2005), Wako (2007), Tallahassee (2009), Pisa (2012), Darmstadt (2014), Halifax (2016), and Matsue (2018).
The scientific program is devoted to the latest experimental and theoretical research and developments in nuclear reactions with exotic nuclei. The topics will include the following subjects relevant to direct reactions:
- Nuclear astrophysics
- Spectroscopy of exotic nuclei, drip-line and unbound nuclei
- Nuclear force and Short-range correlations
- Advances in direct reaction theory
- New instrumentation for direct reaction studies
- Ab-initio methods for structure and reactions
- Clustering phenomena probed by nuclear reactions
- Experimental studies for reactions with exotic nuclei
In keeping with the tradition of this conference series, the meeting is of a relatively informal character: no proceedings are published. The program of the meeting will consist of contributed presentations to be selected based on the submitted abstracts, in addition to keynote opening talks and a concluding talk. The conference program will focus on new results, in particular, presentations of yet unpublished results. We will also have a poster session. We strongly encourage students and other junior researchers to participate.