The school is organized by IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society and Vietnam National University - Ho Chi Minh City and will be held at Ho Chi Minh City April 18th -25th. Its intention is to give practical experience with developing and controlling mid-range real time experiments. Hands-on experience is very important. The school provides lectures and laboratory exercises, given by experts in radiation measurements with state-of-the-art experience. The lectures introduce firmware, software and web based programming (for remote control), and show how this can be used in different areas of science. In order to minimize the hardware cost Raspberry Pis are used as controllers. This should be an advantage when the students later develop their own systems. The Raspberry Pi operating system is similar to Linux which means that it supports many of the standard Data Acquisition software tools.
The goal of the school is
- To train students in the area of radiation detectors and its applications.
- To enhance the development of real-time system in South East Asia
- To promote the participation of young scientists in radiation measurements and related fields
Location and Date
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
April 18th to April 25th 2020
- Christian Bohm, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Martin Grossmann, PSI, Switzerland
- Martin Purschke, BNL, USA
- Masaharu Nomachi, Osaka University, Japan
- Patrick Le Du, CEA (retired), France
- Stefan Ritt, PSI, Switzerland
- Vo Hong Hai, Vietnam National University - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Zhen An Liu, IHEP Beijing, China
Local Organizing Committee
Previous Instrumentation Schools
Similar instrumentation schools have been organized IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Science Society in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Capetown, South Africa, 2018, Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam 2016 and in Osaka,Japan 2014.