Attendance = about 27 people
- Postdocs. We will welcome Florian Damas, from ALICE, in CMS next December.
- The three others will go to :
- Tensions about Z and W bosons in ATLAS vs CMS should be investigated, and maybe related to centrality.
2/ Open charm (Jiayin and Gian-Michele )
Questions during the talk
- Slide 10 = summing the pt bins, done for Alice, you can check for consistency, the result is actually published (in HEPDATA).
- Slide 12 = in LHCb paper, is there a comparison to theory ? See slide 5.
- Slide 9 = in the ratio, global uncertainties cancel, good to check if the FONLL shape is correct (but not to measure the absolute cross section, of course)
Questions after the talk
- Fabrizio = slide 2, why will it be used for? Also remember that the baryons are enhanced…
- To compute the total cross section, we need all the particles. And we start with pp, no enhancement. Compiling for PbPb will be interesting too.
- Giulia = what about pPb ?
- Sure !
- Matt = hole in rapidity between 1-2, new results from CMS at 13 TeV., https://cds.cern.ch/record/2720606
- Johana = rapidity distribution, would be nice with other pQCD
- Andrea = also GMVFNS
- Sure, we’ll ask for all possible predictions (maybe a gdoc so that anybody can send suggestion on the overall project).
- Raph = just to be sure, on slides 10-12, it is dsigma/dy, no delta pt is used, right ?
- Yes !
3/ Concluding remarks
Giulia: Meeting about the heavy-ion runs yesterday. Start of run 3 likely to be Feb 2022. More information at the link https://indico.cern.ch/event/932389/
There are minutes attached to this event.