The CERN Slides' App:
- We now have a new App logo! (Thanks to Lida Zacharova, Dominik Taborsky).
- One can export the presentation as PDF (Still in testing mode, best works for Google Chrome browser, uses the Spectacle's exporting functionality which relies to the browser for PDF exporting).
- Github/Gitlab/Openshift environments should be re-organized. On Michal.
- JIRA tickets should be resolved. I will try to fix the most critical issues:
- PDF exporting, needs some tweaking.
- Clone a current slide.
- Put 2 text boxes by default when one clicks "Add a New Slide".
- Fix a bug in positioning and resizing, the library uses "px" but would be more efficient and accurate if we could use "%" instead, this will be beneficial, to the Presentation Mode, PDF exporting and in having two text boxes in the center when one clicks: "Add a New Slide".
- Migrate from Spectacle to Reveal.
- Main reasons: https://codimd.web.cern.ch/s/SyiR7Fxdr#20200730-reveal-vs-spectacle-v6.
- I will mark the most critical JIRA issues with a label and sort them, to make it easy for the next person to continue the Slides' development.
- Indico Integration: Will not happen, if one wants to send a presentation only for viewing, then will attach to Indico a PDF file of the presentation, created in Slides'. If they want to share a presentation that can be edited further, one can attach the ".slides" file which can then be uploaded and edited online using the Slides' App.
- Phoenix Integration: Will not happen, because there is not enough time left. Can happen in the future.
BSc thesis on the CERN Slides' App: https://cds.cern.ch/record/2724152