Snowmass energy frontier top group meeting
Wednesday, 20 February 2013 from to (Europe/Zurich)
Vidyo and phone meeting
This is the regularly scheduled meeting of the top quark group for Snowmass 2013. More information can be found on the Snowmass top group web page at http://www.snowmass2013.org/tiki-index.php?page=Fully+Understanding+the+Top+Quark.
Marcel, top mass at linear collider:
Possible questions to study:
- theory limited cross section? theory input for this in snowmass?
- single top background indistinguishable from tt at some point - how limiting?
- measuring the W mass? GigaZ or something like that would be able to do that, but no plans for ILC or CLIC to start at such a low energy for a long period of time. Most studies keep this as a requirement for a linear collider, but it would delay the rest of the program.
- if Higgs collider gets built (250GeV), cheaper, but more narrow program
- any machine would realistically have to be upgradable to 350GeV
- no study so far if any top physics is possible at 250GeV
Sergei, MC samples:
- Andi: have to consider trigger in semi-leptonic top decays, not clear if can trigger on boosted top decaying to lepton.
- Different generators? Sergei will determine how can interface with his setup.
- Sergei can generate samples for people if someone sends him the card files
- Sergei might also upload tar file with everything needed to start generation, then others can generate themselves
- Discussion tomorrow between EF conveners to figure out how simulation will be handled in general.
- Send any complaints about MC samples and simulation web site to Sergei.
- How to edit twiki? Need to register from main Snowmass twiki page, and then log in to edit twiki pages.
- Andi: Afb at LHCb? Should be possible? Other top physics possible at LHCb? Kaustubh: phenomenology paper by Sheldon Stone and others.
- Kaustubh: if looking for something to do, topics are already available, can start now.
Next vidyo/phone meeting in 2 or 3 weeks.
There are minutes attached to this event. Show them.