**Minutes for Regional Operations Meeting DECH (January 12th, 2007)**
*Attendance:*
Sven Hermann <chair>, Clemens Koerdt (FZK)
Peter Kunszt, Alessandro Usai (CSCS)
Andreas Gellrich, Christoph Wissing, Uwe Ensslin (DESY-HH)
Kläre Cassirer, Ute Karabek (SCAI)
Christoph Wissing (Uni Dortmund)
Andreas Haupt (DESY-ZN)
Christian Peter (ITWM)
Hans-Gunter Borrmann (Uni Freiburg)
Kilian Schwarz (GSI)
*Apologies:*
(Uni Wuppertal)
(Uni Karlsruhe)
(RWTH-Aachen)
*Missing:*
(MPPMU)
*1. Introduction*
- Announcements:
o New host certificate for voms.cern.ch (see: EGEE Broadcast 8.1.2007)
o Update 11 release, important part: VOMS server certificate
o PPS: Update 15 release: SLC4WN package out to be tested
o CA update: most DECH sites have already updated
o next week: all activity meeting, no pressure to agree on EGEE3 proposal
o new DECH Wiki entry on communication channels added (see link on agenda page).
- Action Items
o no minutes from last meeting yet (#! Horst), ... Horst has uploaded the minutes . Closed.
o PPS: DESY good progress with resources visible to be certified soon. GSI and ITWM had not added resourced yet. Please enter information into GOC DB (#! GSI, ITWM). Open.
o Dech VO: Supported?. What sites do support? -> all sites not supporting Dech VO have open tickets, needs follow up from ROC-on-duty (!#). Open.
o SFT-Server: -> result of test jobs arrives on server, though some details are not correctly stored, and filtering has to be modified. Open.
*2. Round the Sites*
CSCS
----
o Alessandro Usai takes up m/w management.
o New site admin working at CSCS: Tom Guptill.
o Cluster was delivered, proceeded to installation, production expected in February
DESY
----
o Business as usual
o Few network problems last days -> received COD tickets
o Clean up of RB databases... managed to shrink databases
o updated RB to new gLite version
o Central PPS SAM tests not working quite correct (not site related!, should be fixed by now)
DESY-ZN
-------
o nothing in particular to report
o Christmas period was quiet
FZK
----
o dCache upgrade to 1.7 successful
o MW: Upgraded worker notes to 3.0.2 Patch 9
o PPS version on Patch 12
GSI
----
o Business as usual
o Installed VOMS certificate
o Participation in Alice production data challenge
o Reduced number of jobs per node
o Test storage element based on dCache 1.7 with XROOTD access
o XROOTD door can also run on other machines than head node
ITWM
----
o Minor problem over Christmas with expired host certificate
o Currently integrating machines for PPS
o Expects to come back online early next week
SCAI
----
o Everything was fine over Christmas
o Currently experiencing site BDII problems: process exiting without warning
SH: Do you have CE and site BDII separated as recommended?
UK: No, but we are not a big site and that is probably not the reason.
o Problem is related to globus mds, process exiting without comments
short discussion started, but no concluding outcome
SH suggested opening a GGUS/DECH ticket
Dortmund
--------
o Problem with CE during Christmas period
o Storage system shows timeouts. Under investigation.
Karlsruhe
------
o Two problematic tickets that were not taken up -> to be escalated (done)
Freiburg
----
o maintenance cleanup
o Currently proceeding to reinstall lcg-CE after Atlas was unhappy with gLite CE
o Hopes to take up production again by next Friday
SH: Latest news is that EGEE tries to have gLite CE in production at all sites until June this year (and lcg-CE is then going to be phased out), but requirements from VO certainly have higher priority for now.
*****
KS: Question: Is it normal that BDII exchanges 150MB per hour with others
AH: I think it is normal and makes sense.
*3. Feedback to the TCG*
--------------------------------
o Planned to add this new slot to the agenda for future meetings
o Link to the Top ROC issues can be found on the agenda page
o Use this time slot for discussions on issues
o Feedback on Top ROC issues was received from ITWM and CSCS
o Will be forwarded to Horst (done)
HS: Its difficult to identify items (tickets) to be discussed and forwarded
SH: There does not need to be an associated tickets, issues can be forwarded to TCG directly, but should be discussed here prior to forwarding them.
*4. COD*
--------
Nothing particular to report after Christmas period.
*5. ROC-On-Duty*
------
o Handover GSI to CSCS
o GSI: nothing to address
o CSCS: OK.
*6. Discussion Partner Review (only partners receiving funding from EGEE)*
----------
o Instructions are posted on the DECH Wiki page
o Please prepare photos for each resource center (!# all)
o Received *preliminary* feedback from most, not yet from SCAI, ITWM (!#)
o Please deliver final version as soon as possible (!# all)
o Please send the slides for part B soon (!# all)
o Please note that you can still make adjustments to your contribution later!
o Draft will be presented and put on the DECH Wiki
Questions?:
o AG has no access to the documents. SH will deal with it (done)
o Any more people to be present at partner review?
Horst will come for SCAI, Peter for CSCS and for FZK: Sven, Clemens, Marcel
o Note: For the presentation you can give your *opinion* and *interpretation*!
*7. AOB*
------
o There is the WLCG collaboration meeting in Geneva in two weeks time
o There will only be a reduced regional meeting next time 26.1.07
There are minutes attached to this event.
Show them.