Rucio Meeting

Europe/Zurich
Martin Barisits (CERN)
Videoconference
Rucio Development Meeting
Zoom Meeting ID
413496641
Host
Martin Barisits
Alternative host
Mario Lassnig
Passcode
28849311
Useful links
Join via phone
Zoom URL
    • 3:00 PM 3:05 PM
      News 5m
      • March release schedule
        • 1.27.8 Mar-14
        • 1.28 code freeze Mar-16
        • 1.28.0rc1 Mar-18
        • 1.28.0 Mar-25
        • 1.28.1 ~Apr-04
      • GSOC Project announcement next Monday
        • Student influx to be expected then
    • 3:05 PM 4:40 PM
      Rucio token evolution 1h 35m
      • Introduction 20m
        Speaker: Martin Barisits (CERN)
      • Discussion 1h 15m
        • Dave: CILogon will be used for many experiments instead of INDIGO-IAM
          • Support WLCG Common profile
          • Probably no additional plugins needed
        • Doug: Client workflows need to foresee that AT will timeout in long downloads
          • Yes, needs to be part of the workflow
        • Mario: Multiple Token Issuers possible? E.g. Cloud providers?
          • Probably difficult,
          • Petr: Cloud storage won't support the WLCG Token profile - It's a different thing
        • Mark: How much development work is it?
          • Extensive, will span the entire architecture, require changes in almost all components
        • Stefan: Possible to make token scope limitation decisions outside of Rucio and remove that burden from the DDM?
          • In terms of data embargos probably different, since the knowledge of the DDM system is needed to make the decision
          • For some communities this might be possible though
        • Dave: Every time you need to refresh a token it takes a user to do something in the webbrowser
          • Look at htgettoken (vault server) for integration
          • Makes it much easier for the user (Management of refresh tokens)
        • Maithili: What about macaroons?
          • and users without a Rucio account
          • Macaroons could be a good option to give non-users a quick and easy way to access data
            • We would need to look into it in detail and collect these usecases
        • Steve: Dual X509 and Token deployment will probably be needed for many communities
          • But also lots of ways to do this wrong
        • Brandon: Some communities do want to read data from each others infrastructure
          • Possible way to foresee this in the token workflows?
        • Paul: If things need clarification in the Token document, please let us know
          • e.g. can storage.create scoped tokens retrieve checksums?
        • Paul: Advantages of Macaroons
          • You can modify the tokens on the Rucio server side without have to do all the round-trips
        • Gareth: DIRAC token workflows
          • This would have to be checked together with DIRAC team
        • Dave: Figures in the slides suggest that the rucio client itself requests AT for the user
          • Martin: This is not the case, it's just simplified on the figure. User will request/provide AT to the clients, the clients will just user whatever is provided
        • Doug: Where will the common testing of the functionality be done?
          • Probably mostly in WLCG BDT
            • What about non-WLCG communities?
              • Needs to be discussed
    • 4:40 PM 4:55 PM
      Community News & DevOps roundtable 15m
      • ATLAS
      • CMS
      • Fermilab/DUNE/Icarus/...
        • Transfers failing at DUNE
      • Belle II
      • DIRAC
        • PR merged - in which release?
      • ESCAPE
        • core dns issues for both ATLAS and ESCAPE
          • Seems to be fixed
          • --> Update core dns
        • Radu saw some eMails for ATLAS, but not very recently
        • List of daemons only able to run 1 instance? Not available in doc
      • SKAO
        • Token flow integration -> Some issues with poller/finisher
        • 3-monthly planning event next week
        • Upgrade for Rucio 1.26 -> 1.27
        • DOMA testbed
          • Not running at the moment
    • 4:55 PM 5:00 PM
      AOB 5m