CTA Dev Meeting

Europe/Zurich
513/R-070 - Openlab Space (CERN)

513/R-070 - Openlab Space

CERN

15
Show room on map
Michael Davis (CERN)
Videoconference
CTA Dev Meeting
Zoom Meeting ID
68646510714
Description
CTA Dev Meeting
Host
Michael Davis
Useful links
Join via phone
Zoom URL
    • 3:00 PM 3:10 PM
      CTA Release Workflow 10m
    • 3:10 PM 3:20 PM
      CTA Release Roadmap 10m

      See CTA Release Roadmap

      Release 4.7.8-1 [Catalogue v11]

      Future releases (4.7.x)

      Public Release

      • Remaining tasks
      • Release date: Week 25 Jul
      • Include Xrootd 5
      • Versioning same as internal release, but with v5 (v5.Y.Z).
    • 3:20 PM 3:30 PM
      Collaborations 10m

      CTA read support for non-native tape formats (OSM/dCache and Enstore)

      • Project roadmap: #2

      cta-frontend-grpc integration for CTA

      • Project roadmap: #38

      cta-frontend-grpc integration for CTA

       

      • Michael changed cta-frontend-grpc protocol buffer, to make it similar to the current CTA protocol. This will make it easier to migrate to the gRPC implementation in the future.

      • Protocol buffer implementation will be reviewed by Jacek/Michael when back from holidays.

      • Interface that parses the commands will also be refactored so that it is the same between ssi and grpc implementations.
    • 3:30 PM 3:40 PM
      HTTP REST API, Activities and Priorities 10m
      • Document status and remarks:
      • Wiki documents migrated to new repo? broken link

      TODO Joao: Migrate doc to new CTA repo

    • 3:40 PM 3:50 PM
      CTA dev topics 10m

      Tape drive states

      • [Vova]: Project status overview.

      PostgreSQL scheduler DB

      • [David]: Project status overview.

      REPACKING tape state and queue cleanup

      • [Joao]: Project status overview.

      EOS report logs

      • [Joao]: Project status overview.

      cta-admin wrapper

      • [Guillaume]: Discussion - Project status, feedback and next steps.

      Move subdirectories from CTA dev repo into new repos

      • [Richard]: Project status overview.

      Issues to be addressed:

      • Wiki pages not migrated (do not appear in either old/new repo).
      • Issue labels not migrated.
      • Milestones not migrated.
      • Broken links to issues (both migrated and old issues have different paths now).
      • Gitlab update caused some permission issues today.
      • Other issues?

      Update scheduler to use file creation time provided by frontend

      • [Michael/Tigran]: Discussion on #86.

      Other "needs discussion" topics

      Move subdirectories from CTA dev repo into new repos

      • TODO Joao: Recreate dev issue board

      • TODO All: Assign missing labels to migrated issues

      cta-admin wrapper

      • Vlado recommended using a configuration file to define the cta-admin columns that will be shown.

      Move subdirectories from CTA dev repo into new repos

      • Nigthly runs need to be migrated.

      • TODO Julien: Should check new CTA repo, to see if anything was lost/misconfigured during the migration.
      • TODO Julien: Add new Gitlab CI runner machine (two is too low...).
    • 3:50 PM 4:00 PM
      AOB 10m

      Meeting Rooms

      • Room 513/R-068 is booked every week, until the EOY, for the CTA dev meeting.