Production and PASTE Meeting, 6 February 2007, CERN
Chair: A.Tsaregorodtsev
Minutes: S. Paterson
CERN: M.Bargiotti, G.Castellani, P.Charpentier, J.Closier, M.Frank, E. Lanciotti, S.Paterson, R.Santinelli, A.Smith
Phone: R.Bernet, N.Brook, R.Graciani, M.A.S.Miguelez, R.Nandakumar, A.Tsaregorodtsev
1. Offline update ( M.Frank )
Andrew reported that the machine in the pit is running 64bit SLC4 which has caused authentication issues for the
LCG Utilities. Unfortunately there is no quick solution for obtaining the LCG Utilities for 64bit machines. Markus
agreed to install the 32bit version of SLC4 and continue with the tests. Technical details will be discussed at the
Friday Online/Offline discussion on file transfers,
agenda here.
2. Production Status Report ( J.Closier )
Ricardo reported that all jobs were failing for DIRAC v2r12p7. This was caused by jobs failing to save their output and
a fix is in place for v2r12p10 pending testing. ( ACTION: Joel ) Andrei also reported that fixes to properly report
transfer accounting information and bandwidth monitoring have also been included in the latest release.
Due to a bug in the DC06 physics version of Gauss, to do with the way the generator-level cuts are applied all
production has been stopped. All DC06 samples produced to this point are affected.
3. Production Operations Issues ( J.Closier )
Joel reported that the same errors as discussed at the Monday Production meeting (
minutes) are being observed. Roberto
reported that a GGUS ticket had been submitted for PIC. It was discussed that a means to manage the many GGUS
tickets should be introduced. ( ACTION: Roberto ).
Philippe mentioned that recent problems had been caused by a confusion over modified LCG commands such as
lcg-cp. It was agreed to rename the modified LCG Utilities to make the distinction clear e.g. lhcb-lcg-cp. ( ACTION:
Andrei )
Raja reported that some Transfer Requests on the VO-boxes start with a valid proxy that expires before the request is
satisfied. Andrei reported that the latest DIRAC version solves many problems for the VO-boxes which should be
tested. ( ACTION: Raja )
Gianluca reported that the gLite Agent Director module has been committed to CVS. Ricardo has since identified two
bugs which should be fixed and committed. ( ACTION: Gianluca )
The recent migration of the Test system to volhcb02 has been successful and therefore lxgate03 should be upgraded
to the latest MySQL and Python versions. The proposal was made to standardise the version of Python (to 2.4) across
DIRAC to avoid conflicts and remove all instances of hardcoded python 2.2.
Stuart reported that the Ganga developers were in the process of testing the latest DIRAC version. Certification is
required before migrating the User system.
4. DIRAC3 Tasks
Andrei reported that a wiki page is being compiled with a task list and links to Savannah tasks. It is anticipated that
this page will be used intensively during the DIRAC3 developments. This page should be circulated to the developers.
( ACTION: Andrei )
The first DIRAC3 action is for the new CVS repository to be set up and DIRAC release procedure to be circulated. (
ACTION: Joel )
5. AOB
Philippe mentioned that with the recent stoppage to production and >100K pending transfer requests it becomes
increasingly difficult to complete the replication of useful DSTs. Andrei suggested that an agent to select proper and
improper Transfer Requests based on Production ID should be put in place. ( ACTION: Andrei )
There are minutes attached to this event.
Show them.