CTA Dev Meeting

513/R-068 (CERN)



Show room on map
Michael Davis (CERN)
  • CTA Dev
CTA Dev Meeting
Zoom Meeting ID
Volodymyr Yurchenko
Useful links
Join via phone
Zoom URL
    • 3:00 PM 3:10 PM
      CTA Release Roadmap 10m

      Release 4.8.8-0.rc1/cr2/rc3

      • Release date: 19 May, 19 May, 24 May
      • Pre-prod deployment date: 19 May, 19 May, 24 May
      • Prod deployment date: ---
      • Testing new encryption logic

      Release 4.8.8-1

      • Release date: TDB
      • Pre-prod deployment date: TBD
      • Prod deployment date: TBD
      • Milestone link
      • Based on the latest commit from main
      • Include new encryption logic developed by Vova

      Release 4.8.9-1

      • Release date: TBD
      • Pre-prod deployment date: TBD
      • Prod deployment date: TBD
      • Milestone link
      • Pure catalogue release 13.0
      • Requires changes to catalogue schema to be all merged

      Public Release

      • Latest version available on public repo: v4.8.7-1, v5.8.7-1

      Release candidate managed by Vova

      • Is testing and had to rewrite a few things
      • Tested and everything seems to be fine
      • Shell script needs to be rewritten by Vova
      • The (transition) script will be in puppet only and not on the operations RPM

      Release 4.8.8-1

      • New release just for encryption stuff
      • Released by Vova on Tuesday 30/5
      • Preproduction on Wednesday 31/5
      • Production on Thursday 01/6

      Release 4.8.9-1

      • Release with all the latest code changes
      • Will be made public
      • In the announcement for release, mention that the encryption key stuff has been changed (to make the public aware of it's existance)

      Release 4.8.10-1

      • Release with catalogue version 13.0
      • Will be made public


      • Julien will create issue to check of the catalogue version on CTA in the CI of the main branch, and quickly detect insconsistencies.
    • 3:10 PM 3:20 PM
      CTA dev topics 10m

      Catalogue 13.0 release


      Moving all our deployment and dev work to EOS-5 is needed. Usage of EOS-4 should be avoided across our entire dev and deployment stack.

      Important topics for EOS-5:

      • Deployment to production
      • Buildup tree scrips (dev setup)
      • Using EOS-5 on CI with HTTPS (requires certificates)
      • Removing support for EOS-4 (change stagerrm to evict?)

      Future changes in CTA dev team

      • Lasse and Vova are leaving soon :( Many thanks!!
      • Dev team will need reinforcements (Pablo, Richard?)

      Review last tasks. Discuss handover strategy.

      Some possible tasks for the "newcomers":

      • Keep cta-taped alive if at least one drive handler is alive #303
      • Migration of CTA system tests (and other scripts) from Bash to Python.

      "Needs discussion" topics

      "Dev issue needed" topics

      PostgreSQL scheduler DB

      • Knowledge has been passed from David to Jaroslav
        • Jaroslav will drive this from now on, and discuss with David only when necessary
      • Strategy:
        • Setup a new dev machine with the new scheduler
        • Follow the cycle of a request and start doing the changes one-by-one
      • Jaroslav has not started working on yet, just setting up the requests
      • Jaroslav will work on #5 as well


      • There is a replacement proposal for the build tree, to be discussed between Jorge, Julien and Richard: Issue #372
        • Discussion and implementation to be working in 2 weeks from now.
      • Julien will fix the HTTPS problem on EOS5 next week.
      • Deployment of EOS5 in production to be done next week.
    • 3:20 PM 3:30 PM
      dCache Integration 10m


    • 3:40 PM 3:50 PM
      AOB 10m


    • 3:50 PM 4:00 PM
      CTA dev board review 10m


      • Look at the active issues in our CTA dev board.
      • Decide if they should be kept, removed, reassigned, prioritised, etc.

      Review "Blocked" labeled issues

      • Full CTA board: link