Rucio Meeting

Europe/Zurich
Martin Barisits (CERN)
Videoconference
Rucio Development Meeting
Zoom Meeting ID
413496641
Host
Martin Barisits
Alternative hosts
Cedric Serfon, Dimitrios Christidis, Mario Lassnig
Passcode
28849311
Useful links
Join via phone
Zoom URL
    • 3:00 PM 3:05 PM
      News 5m
    • 3:05 PM 3:25 PM
      Community News & DevOps roundtable 20m
      • ATLAS
      • CMS
        • Upgraded to Rucio 34
          • scheme_list vs. protocol priority? 
            • RUBIN observing a similar issue
            • Issue # to be followed up on
          • downgraded to 33 after
        • RSE Decomissioner daemon question
          • How to start/deploy it:
            • Dimitrios: We need to provide a helm-chart for it first, but then it should be rather trivial
            • Andres can help creating the chart, Dimitrios can give pointers
      • Fermilab
        • RUBIN
          • Automatix issue
            • Protocol mismatch still happening (Might be related to the scheme_list issue pointed out above)
        • DUNE
          • DB issues
          • Integration of multiple systems (metadata, workflow, rucio)
        • FNAL
          • Not a lot of news
      • ESCAPE and co
      • DUNE / Edinburgh
        • Troublshooting issues
        • VO tests PR
          • Mayank helping to align
      • RAL / MultiVO
        • Running 34.2
          • Also having the issue from above
            • Transmogrifier impacted?
      • CERN IT
        • Prototype deployment for COMPASS experiment
    • 3:25 PM 3:55 PM
      Developers roundtable 30m
      • Rucio 35 "Donkey and the Data Factory" roadmap
        • In Progress
          • Review operations where SSL verification is disabled #6632 [Dimitrios]
            • Needs more testing (Change in container was needed beforehand)
            • Will resume next week
            • BDT discussion yesterday: Long term: /etc/grid-security/ will dissapear (Sites should use system trust)
            • Q: How to update the certificates (in the future)
              • Long term: hopefully wont necessary
              • NOW: Populate certificates in a volume externally, /etc/grid-security/ will be added to system trust
          • Finalize SQLAlchemy 1.0 -> 2.0 syntax migration #6640 [Erling]
          • Make a table for all daemon and its functionality #296 [Hugo]
          • overwrite_when_only_on_disk #6581 [Hugo]
          • Prepare replacement of current policy import with policy packages #4798 [James]
            • Need to move existing upstream policies
              • ATLAS
              • Belle II to be checked
              • CMS DONE
              • DOMA TPC to be checked
              • ESCAPE to be checked
              • Icecube to be checked
              • LSST / RUBIN DONE
          • Re-write and standardization of client command structure #6639 [Maggie]
          • Webui 35 tracker 1/34 [Mayank]
          • Type annotate the code #6588 [Riccardo]
        • In Review
          • Collect functional RSE attributes into a single file #6624 [Dimitrios, Mira]
          • Remove all instances of mutable objects (e.g. empty lists or dictionaries) as default parameter values #5169 [Erling]
          • JupyterLab version (v3 to v4) update #27 [Francesc, Enrique]
            • Debugging
          • Formatting / style guide #287 [Riccardo, Dimitrios, Maggie]
            • Main PR is merged
            • SQLAlchemy style guide
        • Todo
          • Unable to Delete File DID via Undertaker #5154 [Alex]
          • factorize duplicate messaging code into a common module or class #6423 [Alex]
          • SUBSCRIPTIONS_HISTORY integrity error #6292 [Cedric]
          • Make new token support Multi-VO compatible #6406 [Dimitrios]
          • Use OpenID Connect Discovery #6414 [Dimitrios]
          • Allow for token providers other than IAM #6630 [Dimitrios]
          • Make WebDAV protocols on par with GFAL #6633 [Dimitrios]
          • bridge the gap between running rucio in demo env and full production deployment #187 [Enrique, Hugo]
          • Retire RSE limits #6629 [Erling, Dimitrios]
          • Rename internal API layer to gateway #6644 [Erling]
          • Prevent multiple Reaper threads from working on the same replicas #6512 [Hugo]
          • Evaluate all TODO and FIXME comments #6642 [Martin]
          • Testing: Client Only tests #6599 [Mayank, Maggie]
          • Evaluate archive workflows for rules (Using an archive as a source) #6643 [Riccardo]
          • Improving docstrings #6628 [Riccardo]
          • Create and populate common monitoring repository #6641 [Tim]
        • Done
        • Delayed
      • Documentation corner
        • Documentation and dev guidelines for Mypy type annotations #116 [Mayank, Martin]
        • Document environmental variables affecting the client #171 [Dimitrios]
        • Improve documentation on rucio.cfg vs configuration table #183 [Maggie]
          • In review
        • Add an FAQ-style entry aimed at users for STUCK rules #184 [Fabio]
        • Add instruction about DB partitioning #185 [Martin]
        • bridge the gap between running rucio in demo env and full production deployment #187 [Enrique, Hugo]
        • Introduce documentation on subscriptions #190 [Cedric]
        • Formatting / style guide #287 [Riccardo, Dimitrios, Maggie]
        • Document how deletion occurs. #288 [Anil]
        • Documentation for RSE settings #293 [???]
        • Make a table for all daemon and its functionality #296 [Hugo]
        • Testing instructions #309 [Maggie]
          • In review
      • Other topics
        •  
    • 3:55 PM 4:00 PM
      AOB 5m