LHCONE R&D and RNT-WG call

Edoardo Martelli (CERN), Joe Mambretti (International Center for Advanced Internet Research Northwestern University), Marian Babik (CERN), Shawn Mc Kee (University of Michigan (US))
Zoom Meeting ID
Edoardo Martelli
Useful links
Join via phone
Zoom URL
    • 5:00 PM 5:20 PM
      LHCONE 20m

      Presents: Doug Southworth, Edoardo Martelli, Asif Shan, Phil demar, Vitality . Andy Lake, Carmen Misa ,  Bill Johnston, Dale Carder Jim Chen, Joe Mambretti, Marian Babik, Marcos Schwarz, Luca Bassi, Justas Balcas

      - Global Science Network Forum held at TNC24 last week. Slides are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BXuFdMugbrSZKzBr2W3YpSt9BqdqAw3E

      - CERN is going to tag the prefixes very soon.

      SC24 demo for Scitags
      - Waiting for VLANs to be implemented.
      - Jim would like to implement a P4 Tofino switch at Starlight to duplicate the work done at CERN. Jim and Carmen to work on this.
      - Yatish would like to measure the demo with HiTouch
      - Bill and Joe to work on a map.

      Next meeting: 2nd of July 

    • 5:20 PM 5:50 PM
      RNTWG 30m

      - Updated instructions to setup and run SC demo at https://gitlab.cern.ch/scitags/SC22
      - Created backup of the showfloor node that we used last year

      CHEP2024 abstract was accepted as talk

      - New PR: https://github.com/scitags/firefly-collector/pull/1
      - Refactored to work based on UDP logstash plugin (removing filebeats and syslog)
      - Added capability to forward fireflies to another collector via UDP.
      - Also added dropping events that don't contain [meta][state], which should reduce chatter btw. logstash and ES.
      - Needs testing by R&Es
      - Missing Kafka input/output plugin (A: Andy Lake)

      - New release https://github.com/scitags/flowd/releases/tag/v1.1.2
      - Refactoring of eBPF code (done by Tristan for the last SC)
      - Packaging for EL9 (packages can be built from python-scitags.spec in the repo) 
      - Merged patch from needed for StoRM integration

      - Meeting with StoRM devs tomorrow


    • 5:50 PM 5:55 PM
      AOB 5m
    • 5:55 PM 6:00 PM
      Next meeting 5m