Weekly Meeting

→ Europe/Zurich
CR04 (RAL)

CR04

RAL

Steve Fisher (RAL)
Description
<body>
  • Past Events
    • OGF21
    • JRA1 All-Hands
  • Future Events
  • Actions
  • Alastair

    • Do the "one week jobs" for the dependency challenge
      Need to create a patch and submit it
    • Look into YAIM for the mon box and prepare to take it over
    • Do registry replication
    • Investigate the configuration parameters for MySQL and for Tomcat
      Tried on RGMA17 but it does not work because the parameters are for the wrong JVM
    • RGMA_HOME value is built into the RPM. Should move to CATALINA_OPTS

    Antony

    • Check that job monitoring is running well on PPS
      Steve will e-mail Nick T about SAM on PPS
    • Check with Matt Hodges on what he is doing with Nagios and rgma-server-check
      Someone else is doing it - but nothing yet
    • Check code and design of task Q
      Time out done but not documented. Not yet made it sleep when nothing runnable but Q not empty.
    • Give info to Stephen Burke for status/version etc
      Should have been stored in CVS by Stephen
    • Complete GoogleEarth thing
    • Write setup script for new R-GMA
    • #24007 org.glite.rgma.flexible-archiver contains deprecated calls
    • #24029 org.glite.rgma.servicetool contains deprecated calls
    • #27808 GIN not handling GlueServiceAssociation properly
    • #22205 Upgrade to Glue schema 1.3
      Should address Paventhan's bug and add in the meta data columns at the same time. We must first be very clear about the types of the columns.
    • Add metadata columns to all tables in consultation with users
    • Patch #1086 is in production so will need to tell people to start using the new exception soon
    • Get UI info so that we can get back in the RTM
      Now we must wait for 3.1 to be deployed. Need to look at the C++ header file on a WN to find out. In future each API component should deposit a file with the version number.

    Arun

    • Primary Producer
      Written tests with VDBs. Streaming sender is now a singleton. Will send around a URL with a pointer to the channel magic and check with netstat that extra ports are not being used and write a test with dozy consumer.

    Ming

    • Do the get/set property (in the service as well)
      Compared spec with code. Some properties are not needed. Will code the clear ones.
    • #19645 The Sub exception org.edg.info.ReadTimedOutException is an inappropriate type

    Parminder

    • Convert tests to python
      Will update .conf files.

    Paventhan

    • Report on timing issues with R-GMA
      Was taking around 10 seconds a query - we now have a new registry and will try again. It is no better - but this could be an overloaded archiver. Will try on PPS.
    • Track bug 27810 Some lfc-file-catalog service types do not have GlueServiceUniqueID attribute set
      Patch has gone out but no change seen yet.
    • Track bug 22605 Glue Service Uniqueid issue
    • Complete SAGA plugin mechanism
      Have added SD class as top level user visible
    • Find how we want to do it to support multiple plugins
      To discuss at OGF

    Steve

    • Track patch #1093 for GIN
      Now on PPS
    • Add to the spec that both client and mon box names should be a stringified numeric IP addresses
    • Decide on what to do with exceptions (2 or many and what about the types?). Try to make what is says in the spec consistent with reality. Just need to clarify in the spec
    • Check for consistency between design and code for consumer.
      Started reconciling - Found problem with consumer not behaving properly when there are problems.
  • Current issues - round table
    • Steve - how should we store authz rules and what should the default rules be?
  • Support list
    • 29/10/2007 - Antony
    • 5/11/2007 - Paventhan
    • 12/11/2007 - Ming
    • 19/11/2007 - Parminder
    • 26/11/2007 - Alastair
  • AOB
</body>
list of actions
Minutes
The agenda of this meeting is empty