Weekly Meeting

→ Europe/Zurich
Norton Room (RAL)

Norton Room

RAL

Steve Fisher (RAL)
Description
<body>
  • Past Events
  • Future Events
  • Actions
  • Alastair

    • Look into YAIM for the mon box and prepare to take it over
      Received mail from Oliver asking how it is going - will add DNS caching. Nearly done - now has CVS access. RGMA_HOME value is built into the RPM. Should move to CATALINA_OPTS.
    • Do registry replication
      Needs testing
    • Investigate the configuration parameters for MySQL and for Tomcat
      Tried on RGMA17 but it does not work because the parameters are for the wrong JVM

    Antony

    • Understand Diligent job submission
      They use WM-PROXY web service - still being pursued
    • Get UI info so that we can get back in the RTM
      Now we must wait for 3.1 to be deployed. Need to look at the C++ header file on a WN to find out. In future each API component should deposit a file with the version number. Asked about outstanding bug
    • Improve R-GMA SAM tests and get into GridView
    • Look into timing issues with R-GMA. Was taking around 10 seconds a query on production and 5 on PPS. 4 second delay if not able to get a socket. Need to see if in HEAD code.
    • Write setup script for new R-GMA
    • Add metadata columns to all  tables in consultation with users
    • #24007 org.glite.rgma.flexible-archiver contains deprecated calls
    • #24029 org.glite.rgma.servicetool contains deprecated calls
    • Should address Paventhan's bug and add in the meta data columns at the same time. We must first be very clear about the types of the columns.
    • #27808 GIN not handling GlueServiceAssociation properly
    • Patch #1086  is in production so will need to tell people to start using the new exception soon
    • #22205 Upgrade to Glue schema 1.3. Needs releasing at the right time.

    Arun

    • Primary Producer
      Cleanup thread must deal with the HRP for history store.  Need some more test scenarios.

    Ming

    • Do the get/set property.
      Waiting for Steve
    • Update schema to hold authz rules as individual tuples
      7/9 done - now working on the replication
    • Use context parameter
    • Make the inspector work again
    • #19645 The Sub exception org.edg.info.ReadTimedOutException is an inappropriate type

    Parminder

    • Convert tests to python
      XMLRPCLIB and threads work in principle

    Paventhan

    • Track bug 27810 Some lfc-file-catalog service types do not have GlueServiceUniqueID attribute set
      Patch https://savannah.cern.ch/patch/?1369 for SLC3 in certification. There are two other patches.
    • Track bug 22605 Glue Service Uniqueid issue
    • Complete SAGA plugin mechanism
      A couple of weeks more work to do. Has written the package and implementation code - will be able to take most of adapter form current code. Had a problem with service data. Now knows how to do it.
    • Design and implement the python wrapper (without SWIG)
      Some connection with boost.

    Steve

    • Devise release plan
    • Consider EGEE UF Input
    • Update and submit SAGA SD spec
      Info received from Paventhan - just need to make the update now
    • Add to the spec that both client and mon box names should be a stringified numeric IP addresses
    • Decide on what to do with exceptions (2 or many and what about the types?). Try to make what is says in the spec consistent with reality. Just need to clarify in the spec
    • Check for consistency between design and code for consumer. 
      Seems OK - need to update the doc and move on to the PP. 

  • Current issues - round table
  • Support list - not up to date
    • 12/11/2007 - Parminder
    • 19/11/2007 - Ming
    • 26/11/2007 - Alastair
    • 3/12/2007 - Antony
    • 10/12/2007 - Paventhan
  • AOB
</body> </html>
list of actions
Minutes
The agenda of this meeting is empty