Weekly Meeting

→ Europe/Zurich
CR04 (RAL)

CR04

RAL

Steve Fisher (RAL)
Description
<body>
  • Past Events
    • OGF22
  • Future Events
  • Actions
  • Alastair

    • New GIN patch when Antony delivers it
    • Track Patches
      There are now 3 related patches:  1606  (flexible archiver 3.0 - ready for certification),  1639 (glue archiver 3.0 - ready for certification) and  1537 (Mon box 3.1 - in certification and with high priority).
    • Add getProperty for Registry
    • Bodge the old registry
      Seems to work - but  need to complete system tests - will run with old one first
    • Do registry replication
      Needs testing. Some testing but need to do distributed test. Some ad-hoc testing done
    • Deal with Savannah Bugs
    • Investigate the configuration parameters for MySQL and for Tomcat
      Tried on RGMA17 but it does not work because the parameters are for the wrong JVM

    Antony

    • Get patch out without DB for LATEST for GIN
      Code checked in but needs testing - will need 3.0 and 3.1 patches
    • Understand Diligent job submission
      They use WM-PROXY web service - still being pursued. They use the new WMS which should be producing the right log file - however L&B have not yet fixed the bug. E-mail sent to Ales - but no response. Zdenek has said they will try to fix it.
    • Fix inspector
      Needs info from registry and the SP needs checking
    • Get UI info so that we can get back in the RTM
      Now we must wait for 3.1 to be deployed. Need to look at the C++ header file on a WN to find out. In future each API component should deposit a file with the version number. Asked about outstanding bug. This is on 3.1 but again needs L&B action. 
    • Add metadata columns to all  tables in consultation with users
      We must first be very clear about the types of the columns.
    • Deal with Savannah Bugs - except as indicated more specifically
    • Update to GIN - when DB elimination GIN patch has gone out
      Address Paventhans bugs including  #27808 GIN not handling GlueServiceAssociation properly. Also #22205 and upgrade to Glue schema 1.3 and add ServiceProxy module
    • Service Proxy Module - add elsewhere.
    • Update Task Manager in design doc

    Arun

    • Deal with the RgmaTUID column and do not stream it
    • Deal with Savannah Bugs
    • Refactor to remove code common to SP and Consumer

    Ming

    Parminder

    • Write tests for authz rules
      Started with testing - basic one works
    • Review PP - and compare with design doc

    Paventhan

    • Design and implement the python wrapper (without SWIG)
      Still investigating
    • Request SAGA SD as ETICS external  - C++ and Python
      ANTLR accepted and built
    • Get adapter code into ETICS
      Need to check it into CVS

    Steve

    • Make system tests work. 
      PrimaryProducer now mostly OK - now look at SP and registry and schema
    • Get 1.5 fixes onto HEAD for Python API
    • Get 1.5 fixes onto HEAD for CLI
    • Consumer hangs onto dead producers - may be more than one problem - see http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/pipermail/jra1-ral/2008-January/000647.html
    • Think about configuration and ACLs
      CIC Portal may be useful to us
    • Improve R-GMA SAM tests and get into GridView
      Now in Savannah at low priority. Assigned person says that it should be out with next sensor release -  but no idea when. 
    • Deal with Savannah Bugs
    • Track bug 22605 Glue Service Uniqueid issue. Maria reports:  This is now fixed in HEAD and it will appear in the next glite-yaim-core 4.0.4-x release.
    • Update and submit SAGA SD spec
      Unfortunately there is still some disagreement on a few details. Maybe Paventhan will make some progress with negotiations in Boston.
    • Add to the spec that both client and mon box names should be a stringified numeric IP addresses
    • The DropIndex method will be blocked at the RGMAServlet level until the client API is able to send a table name with the index name together in its http request - needs to go into all clients.

  • Current issues - round table
  • Progress against the plan
  • Support list
    • 3/3/2008 - Parminder
    • 10/3/2008 - Paventhan
    • 17/3/2008 - Ming
    • 24/3/2008 - Alastair
  • AOB
</body>
list of actions
Minutes
The agenda of this meeting is empty