EGEE TMB 18 June 2008
DRAFT MINUTES by Stefano B
attendance:
SA1: Steve Traylen, Andrea Guarise (phone)
SItes: Daniele CEsini (phone), Alessanda Forti (phone)
SA3: Oliver, Eammon (phone), Markus
JRA1: Francesco Giacomini, Steve Fisher (phone)
NA4 none
NA4-HEP Patricia Mendez-Lorenzo
CMS Stefano Belforte
Alice: Latchezar (for xrootd)
Accounting: J.Gordon (phone)
Security John White
NA4-GO: CEcile (phone)
------------------------------------------
minutes:
indico down until late into the meeting, go a bit
in random order.
Task List:
7038 : prox chain verification. Got rpm with fixes from Globus yesterday
will check. Security need to verify that every service check verification,
only need to verify LCG-CD (John will talk to Maarten)
7106: ongoing
7035: Short deadline jobs discussion: still open. Erwin will push.
6823: Windows porting, need input from NA4 non-HEP communiting.
Currently we put on hold windows effort. It is not a
platform in build project any more until clear use case come.
6718: glite delegation library: documented, waiting for comments
JEff T. and Andrei T. have to give feedback.
6716: close
6649: local scratch space and storage in Glue. Still open
CREAM status:
[Oliver] stress test started, config.issue on LCAS/LMAPS found and fixes,
back to try the stress test. Preparation for rolling out on PPS ongoing.
SCAS:
[John] same person as LCAS/LCMAPS (Oskar), progress stuck becasue of above.
~1.5 week behind, cathcing up. Aim is to enter certification end of June.
SA3 very short in resources, two persons leaving, need to be replaced, have
open posts, take time. CERN manag. pushing for vacations before Agust (LHC
start), so certification will be slow. Will conflict with design and
plan for new authenticationi service. Plan for that will be finalized
aroun July 10, will need to take SCAS into account.
SCAS stays as highest development priority besides
critical bug fixes in LCAS/LCMAPS.
JSPG mandate: TMB sign off on mandate as written by Dave Kelsey
SA1 Accounting [John]:
see slides
access by experiment authorized people being tested by Atlas
John will go via WLCG-MB to have other experiments as well
discussion
[francesco g.] dGas in SA1 now, is there synergy possible ? e.g.
local job accounting. Apel is SA1 as well, SA1 should
push for sinergy.
xrootd:
[john] security report posted in minutes of last meeting.
Alice agrees. Alice's security envolope method was
developed long time ago, it is found secure.
Intrest from other VO's in xrootd, they need gsi authentication.
Need work in dCache.
Proper security for xrootd access in Castor and DPM is there
already.
Action on Security: to talk to dCache to report this.
RGMA:
[Erwin] Need to list who is using it. E.g. Apel (see John's slides).
[Steve Fisher] Wupperthal developing some monitor for Atlas users
using RGMA as transport, to be integrated in Ganga.
[SA3-Markus] SAM was using it, but moving to ActiveMQ.
GridView was also using it for collecting griftp logs info.
[Stefano] Dashboard is using R-GMA for getting notifications
from Logging&Bookeeping servers, that functionality is still required.
Action item: Steve Fisher look at R-GMA activity logs and report
on who's using it.
Action item: NA4 to survey usage in current activities and needs in
general for messaging system.
Security:
[John] see slides
acronyms explained
OSCT = Operation Security Coordination Team = ROC security contacts
CSRF = cross site request forgery, some documentation for sites
need to be prepared here
no questions, nor big comments.
Grid Observatory
[Cecil] see slides
[Erwin] GO has the goal to give data to people who want to study EGEE,
working on a prototype portal. Cecile explains which kind of info
will be made available. An 18-month position is open for this
development in Paris, Cecile has sent details by mail to TMB for help
in filling it.
[discussion] it will be important to explore synergies with
dashboard on technical development. Ad-hoc meeting between
Cecile and Julia will help. Cecile shoud (will)
contact Romain Wartel for ideas on security info to make public.
At the end of the GO discussion we made an action on SA1 and JRA1 to
collect information on operations or middleware use cases for the GO.
There are minutes attached to this event.
Show them.