TMB - 2008-12-03
================
Present: Steven Newhouse, Andrea Sciaba', Andreas Unterkircher,
Francesco Giacomini, Massimo Lamanna
Phone: Jeroen Engelberts, Jeff Templon, Vangelis Floros, Mario Reale,
Cal Loomis, Xavier Jeannin
Minutes of last meeting
=======================
Jeff: what are the plans for the deployment plan of the new authZ service?
Steven: need to discuss with SA1 and SA3, no meeting happened yet
Jeff: the LCG MB prefers that the plan be available and presented soon
Steven: the LCG MB discussion was more on at what stage the GDB should
be involved
Francesco: since the deployment is foreseen in stages, also the
certification can follow the same pattern; would that be ok?
Jeff: yes
Steven proposes that the authZ group prepares a draft for the 21st
Jan, to be revised at early Feb and presented at the GDB in Feb (11th)
Action List
===========
#5401 - Identify resources for LSF plugin support
Close.
#6649 - Local scratch space and shared storage in Glue
Review when GLUE v.2 is published.
#6652 - Check if the WNRWG will make recommendations about how to
characterise a subcluster
Jeff: discussion at the GDB; part of Steve Traylen's WG; publish
according to the GLUE schema; WMS can't use it yet
Need to involve of WMS and CREAM developers.
Steve will report at the next meeting.
#6901 - Storage semantics issues for EGEE (beyond HEP)
Vangelis: the doc has been updated
Steven: everybody look at it and provide comments
#7106 - identify the Glue attributes which require the definition of a
common policy on their meaning
Steven: let's wait for GLUE v.2
Jeff: when?
Steven: by the end of the year new draft, to be then published at the
beginning of next year
#7187 - send use case to GridObservatory
Link the same use case as for #7188, which is relevant also for SA1.
Close.
#7188 - forward intersting use case to GridObservatory
Francesco: one use case inserted.
Close.
#7931 - Ability to specify machine architecture in job descriptions
Close.
#7932 - Lack of APIs for various middleware services/components
Francesco: still collecting the information
Steven: schedule the discussion for January
Francesco: ok, but don't expect radical changes to the current situation
#7945 - MPI jobs on multicore/SMP machines
Steven: in the mandate of the new MPI WG
Close.
#7995 - How to configure sites to support MPI
Steven: in the mandate of the new MPI WG
Close.
#8060 - How to cope with a failure at a site not supporting all approved CAs?
Francesco: technically it can be done; it becomes a policy decision
Jeff suggests to involve a security body (JSPG?) and ask them to come
up with a proposal
Francesco: should we wait for GLUE v.2?
Jeff: let's ask JSPG as well
#8155 - Identify pilot community for application monitoring
Jeff: the Dutch biomed community is not interested, back to Vangelis
Cal/Massimo: NA4 HEP (dashboard) already working with SA1
Massimo to give an update on the status
Close.
#8160 - How can SAM tests account for banned CAs?
Involve JSPG, as for task #8060
#8163 - Data Management performance requirements.
Close.
#8164 - General Proxy store proposal.
Francesco: this refers to the long term solution for the proxy renewal
on a CREAM CE. The short term solution is ready and submitted to
certification; there is no real hurry for the long term, so we can
think about it and involve all the relevant persons/bodies;
Steven: who is involved?
Francesco: it can be CREAM developers only for a CREAM-specific
solution; a generic solution would involve also security people.
#8326 - Error codes for the command line interfaces.
Francesco: unfortunately this is a low priority/background activity;
to do it properly it would require extensive discussion and eventual
modifications to the code.
IPv6
====
Xavier introduces the IPv6 activity and the collaboration with other
Activities.
Mario presents a status report, available at
https://edms.cern.ch/document/980300/1, and the proposal for a demo,
explained at https://edms.cern.ch/document/977506/1
Steven: status of gLite MW about IPv6 compliance and its dependencies?
Mario: DPM and LFC so far; there is a BDII prototype, not sure it's in
production.
Steven: what's the priority of fixing IPv6 bugs?
Francesco: low, because they are not urgent, but they are easy to
solve, thanks also to the precise bug submissions by the SA2 people,
and are fixed as soon as affected files are touched for other
reasons or as a general background activity
Francesco to provide a snapshot of the state of the IPv6 bugs.
Steven: submit the demo proposal to the UF; should CREAM be involved?
MPI working group
=================
Jeroen: implementation of MPI start available by Stephen Childs; I
want to do a survey on why it is not deployed; another survey on how
nodes are allocated, often they are spread all over the cluster.
Steven: are MPI jobs supported in glite?
Francesco: yes, but see the problem related do task #7945 (MPI jobs on
multicore/SMP machines). A group in Catania has addressed the issue,
but the fix is based on the old approach the WMS used to follow
before the work of the previous MPI WG; it needs to be integrated in
the official solution; that's why I suggested to include Roberto
Barbera and Salvatore Monforte (from Catania) in this new WG.
Steven suggests that the group be small and that it comes up with a proposal
Francesco: the concern from JRA1 point of view is to solve task #7945
Jeff: there are then concerns also from site admins about inefficiencies
Francesco suggests that someone from the previous WG, who has worked
on mpi-start, and a site/ops person (Jeff suggests Gergely Debreczeni)
be part of this new WG
Steven: the focus should be on immediate problems in the usage of MPI;
rediscussion in Feb TMB.
AOB
===
None.
There are minutes attached to this event.
Show them.