Messaging and SAM3 UI

Europe/Zurich
513/R-068 (CERN)

513/R-068

CERN

19
Show room on map
Description
Main topics to discuss: * Messaging * SAM3 UI
Videoconference Rooms
WLCG_monitoring_consolidation
Name
WLCG_monitoring_consolidation
Description
Kick-off meeting for the WLCG monitoring consolidation project
Extension
109258925
Owner
Pablo Saiz
Auto-join URL
Useful links
Phone numbers

15th Aug 2014. MIG + SAM3 UI

Present on the room: Lionel, Marian, Pablo, Eddie (last to arrive)

Remote: Ivan K., David C., Alessandra,

Minutes taken by Pablo

 

JIRA ACTIONS:

------------------------

Pablo: We should focus now on WLCGMON-1, and make sure that this is accomplished. Then, we could even stop the working group.

Ivan K. will update the ticket on ES.

Marian will update the tickets on moving the nagios boxes to AI

 

MIG Presentation (Lionel)

_______________________________________

(slide 7).

Pablo: For the 'runtime configuration changes', did we have anything like that before?

Lionel: Before, we could add users to existing groups. In the new coniguration, we can also create queues without having to restart the services.

 

Marian: We have to migrate also the SAM brokers. Can we move the load to the dashboard brokers?

Lionel: If the pattern of number of messages is similar to the current activities, we could put it in the same broker. If it is very different, it would be better to move it to a different cluster of brokers.

Pablo: I would prefer if we could have SAM using the dashboard brokers.

Pablo: Concerning scalability, if the current set of machines is not enough, would it be possible to add extra host?

Lionel: Yes, at the moment we have a couple of spare hosts.

 

SAM 3 UI (Pablo)

______________________________________________

Marian: Do we have a date for putting SAM3 in production?

Pablo: This has to be verified with the experiments. It would be nice if the experiments could start checking the functionality, with the aim of having the full system in production in 3 months from now

 

Marian: We need a preproduction and production environments in SAM3

 

Marian: We also have to check the SLS pages and the C5 report currently created by SAM2

Eddie: The C5 is part of REBUS

 

 

Next meeting: 29th August 2014 at 14:00

Topic: It would be nice to have feedback from the experiments about SAM3. The only experiment representative at the meeting was Alessandra. The topic will have to be confirmed with all the experiment representatives.

 

 

 

 

There are minutes attached to this event. Show them.
    • 14:00 14:05
      JIRA actions for August 5m
      Review of the JIRA actions scheduled for this and next month https://its.cern.ch/jira/issues/?filter=13902
      Speaker: Pablo Saiz (CERN)
    • 14:05 14:25
      Messaging 20m
      Speakers: Lionel Cons (CERN), Lionel Cons (C)
      Slides
    • 14:25 14:40
      SAM3 UI Evolution 15m
      Speaker: Pablo Saiz (CERN)
      Slides
    • 14:40 14:55
      Discussion 15m
    • 14:55 15:00
      Next meeting 5m