ESC - 128

→ Europe/Zurich
CERN Phone system

CERN Phone system

Alistair Mills
Description
EGEE Support Group Meeting Telephone +41 22 76 77000 and ask for the ESC conference chaired by Alistair Mills. <style type="text/css"> pre { font-family: monospace; font-size: medium; color: #000; white-space: pre-wrap; /* css-3 */ white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; /* Mozilla, since 1999 */ white-space: -pre-wrap; /* Opera 4-6 */ white-space: -o-pre-wrap; /* Opera 7 */ word-wrap: break-word; /* Internet Explorer 5.5+ */ margin: 0px; margin-left: 10px; } </style>
Item   - Topic                                                                  - Person
128.01 - This agenda - Jan
128.02 - Actions from ESC(118) - Jan
128.03 - Report from WP1 - ROC/OGS integration - Marco
128.04 - Report from WP2 - CIC integration - Gilles
128.05 - Report from WP3 - VO/SU integration - Alistair
128.06 - Report from WP4 - Documentation - Alistair
128.07 - Report from WP5 - Portal development - Guenter
128.08 - Report from WP6 - Training - Mario
128.09 - Report from WP7 - TPM - Min
128.10 - Status of ENOC - - Gilles
128.11 - AOB
- Philippa's problem with ticket import
- ESC Meetings at EGEE06
v 128.2 - 8 September 2006 - Alistair Mills
actionlist
Actions from the ESC(128) meeting - Thursday 14th September 2006

http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a062689

Attendance
==========
CERN        Alistair
D-CH        Guenter
CE          Jan
IT          Marco (Padua)
FR          Frédéric, David
UKI         Philippa
SW          Mario
AP          -
SE          -

Apologies
CERN        Diana (vacation)
DECH        Torsten (GGF), Helmut (vacation)
SE          Alex (other meeting)

Agenda
======
Item    - Topic                                 - Person
128.01  - This agenda                           - Jan
128.02  - Actions from ESC(118)                 - Jan
128.03  - Report from WP1 - ROC/OGS integration - Marco
128.04  - Report from WP2 - CIC integration     - David
128.05  - Report from WP3 - VO/SU integration   - Alistair
128.06  - Report from WP4 - Documentation       - Alistair
128.07  - Report from WP5 - Portal development  - Guenter
128.08  - Report from WP6 - Training            - Mario
128.09  - Report from WP7 - TPM                 - Min
128.10  - Status of ENOC  -                     - David
128.11  - AOB
          Problem with ticket history following escalation in the CIC portal
          ESC Meetings at EGEE06
          Registering as a user of Savannah at CERN
          Change from Agenda to Idico

Commentary/ Actions
===================
128.01  - This agenda                           - Jan
There were no additions to the agenda.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Write the report on this meeting, circulate and add to agenda   Alistair    Done
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.02  - Actions from ESC(118)                 - Jan
The actions are integrated into the reports in the sections below.

128.03  - Report from WP1 - ROC/OGS integration - Marco/ Guenter
Guenter reported that the interface with OSG was now working in both directions, but that a Service Verification (SV) had yet to be carried out on it.  It was agreed that a SV should be added to the ESC shopping list for implementation in October 2006.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Add an item to the shopping list to do a SV by October 2006     Alistair    Done
        [https://savannah.cern.ch/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=101192]
.2      Arrange for a SV on the interface                               Guenter     -           Later
        [https://savannah.cern.ch/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=101192]
.3      Create an item in Savannah to provide support for 3x 'ROC_US'   Alistair    Done
        [https://savannah.cern.ch/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=101193]
.4      Arrange for support of the 3x 'ROC_US'                          Guenter     -           Soon
        [https://savannah.cern.ch/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=101193]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.04  - Report from WP2 - CIC integration     - David
Gilles was not present, and David said that there was nothing to report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Ask Gilles to attend the next ESC meeting                       David       -           Soon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.05  - Report from WP3 - VO/SU integration   - Alistair
Frederic Schaer now has a new job in Paris to work with the VO managers' group.  Frederic talked about this group and it was recognized that GGUS must provide support for the VOs, but that the VOs also have to provide support for GGUS.  The first meeting of the VO Managers' group will take place on Friday 29th September at the EGEE06 conference.  Alistair has agreed to attend this meeting and to lead a discussion about working together and to report back to a future ESC meeting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Attend the VO managers' meeting at EGEE06 and report back       Alistair    -           Soon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.06  - Report from WP4 - Documentation       - Alistair
Alistair reported that the following documents have been created or updated since the last meeting of ESC:

01700 Basic Ticket Assignment
03000 FAQ for ROC-FR
06200 FAQ for magic
06600 FAQ for na48
06700 FAQ for dteam
06800 FAQ for geant
08800 FAQ for documentation
08900 FAQ for dpm
12100 FAQ for osg
12200 FAQ for baltic
12300 FAQ for USCMS
12400 FAQ for USATLAS
17000 FAQ for lfc
17100 FAQ for fts
17200 FAQ for gocdb
17300 FAQ for lbk
17400 FAQ for proxy
17500 FAQ for jobp
17600 FAQ for sam
17700 FAQ for vomrs
17800 FAQ for voms
17900 FAQ for vomsa
18000 FAQ for ar
18100 FAQ for ap
18200 FAQ for gls
18300 FAQ for glw
18400 FAQ for gstat
18500 FAQ for apel
18600 FAQ for dgas

However many of the documents have very little useful content, simply a list of questions and no answers.  However all SU, VOs, ROCs and so on have FAQs, and Helmut was sending a ticket to each of them asking them to read their FAQ and to bring it up to date.  He send these tickets to the ROCs on Tuesday 12 September.  It was likely that he would send the tickets to the SUs and VOs next week.  A previous request to do this in July, had only limited success.  Mario David has written a document which records the status of that work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Send tickets to all VOs and SUs asking them to update their FAQ Helmut      -           Soon
.2      Ensure that the response from action 1 is published             Alistair    -           Soon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.07  - Report from WP5 - Portal development  - Guenter
There will be a portal release on September 21st.  Due to vacation there was not one in August.  Guenter reported that this would be a small change to the previous one, but there would be release notes published with the release.

Alistair was asked to ensure that all of the items which it says in Savannah will be in the September release, are in the September release.  The information on what is schedule for the release is in the following page:
http://egee-docs.web.cern.ch/egee-docs/list.php?dir=./support/GGUS_development/plan_for_inclusion_in_september_2006/&

Clicking on the link which says:
Savannah Wish List for GGUS - Plan for September 2006

shows a list of items.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Tell Guenter how to find the items for the September release    Alistair    Done
.2      Inform Alistair about the status of the items for the release   Guenter     Done
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.08  - Report from WP6 - Training            - Mario
Mario reported that plans for the training course at CERN on 2 October 2006 were well advanced, and that the presentation materials would be available on the internet following the course (as with previous courses).  Mario said that he expected the following people:
2 x from Taiwan
2 x from Lyon
1 x from Italy
? x from CERN

Information on training courses is available via the following URL:
https://gus.fzk.de/pages/training.php

It was agreed that Alistair and Mario should have a course readiness review to ensure that all is well for the course. In particular the event should be adverised again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Course readiness review for training at CERN, and follow-up     Alistair/ Mario -       Immediate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.09  - Report from WP7 - TPM                 Guenter
Min was not available to report on TPM.

This week there has been a problem with the handover of responsibility from one TPM to another not working correctly.  This has been fixed since Guenter returned to work on 13/09/06.  Guenter said that he believed that there was a way to provide a facility in the web portal for changing the TPM shifts.  This would allow TPMs to pass on responsibility from one team to another without involving someone in Karlsruhe.  It was agreed to create an item in Savannah about this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Put an item into Savannah for this                              Alistair    Done [#101204]
.2      Ask Min to attend the next ESC meeting to report on TPM         Alistair    Soon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.10  - Status of ENOC  -                     Guenter
Guenter reported that the ENOC interface to GGUS has been completed and a service verification was carried out on it.  It was then put into production and has been operational for 4 weeks, and was working well.  Some 450 tickets have passed through this interface.  Guenter said that he had worked with Guillaume from Lyon, and that he would provide further contact details for Guillaume.  This makes it the most used unit in GGUS and it is very noticeable on the monthly statistics.  These can be seen at the following URL:
http://egee-docs.web.cern.ch/egee-docs/support/usage/monthly/GGUS_Metrics_200608.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Provide the name of the person in Lyon working on ENOC          Guenter     Done
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

128.11  - AOB

Problem with ticket history following escalation in the CIC portal
It appears that escalation notices which are created via the CIC portal do not cause additions to the ticket history to be propogated to remote ROC systems.  Philippa said that she had discussed it with Gilles and he had agreed to correct this in the CIC portal.  It was agree to discuss this at a later ESC.  In the meantime, Philippa will remind Gilles, and a Savannah item has been created about this.  (101202).

ESC Meetings at EGEE06
There will be a meeting of the ESC at the EGEE06 conference.  An agenda has been published in Indico.  The meeting will be chaired by Jan.  Alistair reported that he would not be able to attend the meeting, as he would be talking at the VO managers' meeting which would be at the same time.  In addition to the usual agenda of working round the work packages, it is likely that Diana Bosio will take over as Chairman of the ESC for the next six months.

The following items were not discussed, but are relevant.

Registering as a user of Savannah at CERN

We would like all members of the ESC to register with Savannah as a user of the system for the ESC shopping list project.  This will allow you to add information to the ESC shopping list.  If you do not register you will be able to view the information, but you will not be able to change anything.  It will also give us a problem, as we wish to be able to use Savannah to assign tasks to people on the ESC to do.  We shall discuss the use of Savannah at a future meeting of the ESC.  You can view the main page for the project with the following URL:
https://savannah.cern.ch/support/index.php?group=esc

Change from Agenda to Indico

The use of the Agenda system at CERN is being phased out, and it is being replaced with Indico.  We cannot now create meetings after 31 December 2006 in Agenda, and so we have to do something to schedule meetings after that date.  So, the IT folks have migrated the Agenda pages.  During this process the procedure copied the Agenda ones to Indico and created redirects between Agenda and Indigo so that the former URLs will work.  (It also keeps the original pages for emergency).  After that you can only modify the new pages using Indico.  So, we believe that this has gone well.  However if you experience any difficulty please let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item    Action                                                          Person      Status      Priority
.1      Register as a member of the Savannah ESC project                All         On-going
.2      Create an item in Savannah for escalation e-mail propogation    Alistair    Done by Guenter (101202)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next meetings:

http://indico.cern.ch/sessionDisplay.py?sessionId=135&slotId=3&confId=1504#2006-09-26, September 2006 - 2006/09/28 COD-10 Meeting: EGEE06
http://indico.cern.ch/sessionDisplay.py?sessionId=141&slotId=0&confId=1504#2006-09-28, September 2006 - 2006/09/28 Open Meeting: EGEE06
http://indico.cern.ch/sessionDisplay.py?sessionId=121&slotId=0&confId=1504#2006-09-29, September 2006 - 2006/09/29 ESC(130): EGEE06
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a063414, September 2006 - 2006/09/29 ESC(130): EGEE06
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a063200, October 2006 - 2006/10/02 - Supporters' Training at CERN
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a062690, October 2006 - 2006/10/12 - ESC(132): Phone conference
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a063201, November 2006 - 2006/11/06 - Supporters' Training at FZK
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a062691, November 2006 - 2006/11/09 - ESC(136): Phone conference
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a063202, December 2006 - 2006/12/04 - Supporters' Training at FZK
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a063410, December 2006 - 2006/12/07 - GGUS workshop - CERN
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a062692, December 2006 - 2006/12/07 - ESC(140): Phone conference

(1) Who
Only the first name is used unless there is ambiguity.
(A name in parentheses means that the person will ensure that it is done, although he/ she cannot personally do it).

(2) Status
Done
? Unknown to the editor
- Not started

(3) Priority
Immediate - by 30 September 2006
Soon - by next ESC in October (12 October 2006)
Later - by end of October

v 128.2 - 15 September 2006 - Alistair Mills
There are minutes attached to this event. Show them.
The agenda of this meeting is empty