Issues on Grid Technologies, Department of Computer Science and Biomedical Informatics of the University of Central Greece, Lamia, Greece
(University of Central Greece)
The Department of Computer Science and Biomedical Informatics of the University of Central Greece in conjunction with the Greek Research and Technology Network (GRNET) are organizing the "Issues on Grid Technologies" two day seminar in Lamia, Greece. The seminar, held in the context of the 3nd phase of "Enabling Grids for E-sciencE" (EGEE-III) project which is funded by the European Union, will take place at the Galaneika, Lamia on Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd of May 2009.
The seminar will include:
• Introduction to Grid systems
• Grid systems and e-Science
• Presentation of the EGEE project and the Grid initiative in Greece
• Presentation on the EGEE architecture, infrastructure and middleware
• Hands-on exercises for submitting Grid job and developing Grid Applications
• Introduction to Grid applications development (application programming, MPI)
The seminar is intended for researchers and members of academia of our region who would like to get hands-on experience with the services provided by the EGEE project.
Thursday and Friday 21-22/05/2009
Room 3 of the University of Central Greece
In order to participate in the hands-on exercises, a WiFi enabled (801.11b/g) laptop is required. Participation to the seminar is free of charge. There is a limit in participants to 30 persons.
Seminar material language:Greek, English Seminar language:Greek