Reduction of Update Propagation Delay
- We agreed to apply shorter TTLs for .cvmfspublish and catalogs
- Existing repositories can be migrated (if CVMFS_SERVER_TTL is not set)
- Clients should use a jitter for the checking interval for new catalogs
- Dave agreed to check if 30s .cvmfspublish TTL is harmful with Squid servers
Cache plugin status
- In-memory part of the software
- RAMCloud should move into the contrib repository
- Chirp: Tim?
- NDN under development
- Hadoop under development
- XRootD: Planned as a CERN summer student project
- Ceph/librados, POSIX (external): interesting, no developer yet
- Might require physical test hardware (e.g. VBox on Mac host)
There are minutes attached to this event.