DOMA General 22 May 2019
Present: Tony Cass, Corali, Edoardo Martelli, Maria Girone and Xavi
Remote: Andrea Ceccanti, Andrea Manzi, Bo Jayatilaka, Concezio, Felix Lee, Ian Bird, Jose Hernandez, Jarka, Mario, Martin Gasthuber, Mihai, Nikola Hardi, Oxana, Samuel Skipsey, Vincenzo Spinoso
- Abstracts related to the different WG has been submitted
- Network: one abstract related to the NOTED project
- QoS: one general abstract
- Access: one general general
- TPC: two abstracts (one general and one for xrootd tpc)
- WLCG/HSF meeting before CHEP2019
- Scheduled the weekend before the start of CHEP2019 (Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning).
ESPP 2019 Granada outcomes (Maria)
- Efforts towards R+D in computing, DOMA was mention as an active area in WLCG.
- Discussion focused on training and career development for people working in computing and instrumentation.
Round table for the DOMA Working Group
QoS (Oliver) full presentation in the agenda
- Site Survey with Storage part has been circulated to sites.
- Oliver also reported in some use cases at CERN leveraging QoS (EOS and CEPH)
- Ongoing discussions with RUCIO team about possible QoS implementations.
- XCache working on Birmingham (ATLAS) since one week. Will report in about a month after gaining experience.
- INFN/XCache National initiative focused on measuring the impact and gains of bringing XCache close to the local-access values for walltime/efficiency
- XCache deployment orchestration and documentation is being discussed (remotely managed vs. local administration)
There are minutes attached to this event.