Rucio Development Meeting

Europe/Zurich
4/S-056 (CERN)

4/S-056

CERN

20
Show room on map
Martin Barisits (CERN)
Videoconference Rooms
Rucio_Development_Meeting
Name
Rucio_Development_Meeting
Description
Rucio Development Meeting
Extension
10760955
Owner
Martin Barisits
Auto-join URL
Useful links
Phone numbers
    • 15:00 15:10
      News 10m
      • Rucio Community Workshop 2019
        • 21 community presentations!
        • 66 participants!
        • Lots of discussions
        • Improvements & collaborations
          • Documentation improvements (from setup to monitoring and advanced operations)
          • Deployment (Kubernetes)
          • Archive support
          • Release model
          • Advanced metadata support
          • Additional authentication methods
          • Interfacing to additional WMS
      • New colleagues
        • Andrew (STFC)
          • Multi VO features
        • Aris (CERN)
          • Monitoring, Metadata
      • Rucio talk at HOW'19
        • "Rucio in the DOMA ecosystem" - Wed 16:15
    • 15:10 15:30
      News from the experiments 20m
      • ATLAS
        • Integration for Xcache
      • CMS
      • DUNE
        • Starting on Swift signatures
      • LIGO
        • Test runs were successful
      • SKA/AENEAS
        • Setting up elastic search instance
    • 15:30 15:50
      Hot topics 20m
    • 15:50 16:20
      Developers roundtable 30m
      • 1.20.0 "Wonder Donkey" priority followup
        • Rucio mover
          • pcache and storm symlinks
        • Python 2.6 drop
        • Partitioning/Full heartbeat support of reaper #529
          • Need to protect storage 
            • Probably fine for dCache without protection
            • Probably not fine for all the others
            • One idea is to extend heartbeat to report the RSE the thread is working on
        • Relax protection of sources in reaper #1637
        • Fill contents history when deleting last replica #37
        • Archive Handling in the reaper #1431
        • Get rid of unused dockers
          • Base client container
            • Notify clients next week and then remove community specific containers
            • Need to check if it is automatically build
          • Oracle Instaclient is in the container - License allows this!
        • Migrate probes to separate repo #1638
          • Copy the entire core repo and clean it to keep history
          • Should be done in the next 2 weeks
        • Better way to deal with configuration/permissions #533
        • Transparent handling of archives with rules #1091
        • Daemon to re-order tape requests (throttler) #2220
          • Efficient query is key; 
          • Need to check if we need to modify bulk size
          • Need time to release per dest_rse column
          • Grouping strategy column
      • High priority: List replicas needs to resolve parent did recursively #2217
      • Release model
        • Intensively discussed at the Rucio Workshop
        • Plan is to change to a model where certain releases will be maintained for a longer time (12-18 month)
        • Martin will prepare a proposal. Will be discussed at a future Rucio Dev meeting. Then proposal will be sent to rucio-users for comments
      • Separate tools/utils repository?
        • Agreed
      • Revamp of the alembic stuff
        • Need a test to check the original vs downgrade/upgrade
          • Comparator operator in SQLA?
    • 16:20 16:30
      AOB 10m
      • No meeting next week (HSF/OSG/WLCG workshop at JLab)
        • Next development meeting March 28