Rucio Development Meeting

→ Europe/Zurich
4/S-056 (CERN)

4/S-056

CERN

20
Show room on map
Martin Barisits (CERN)
    • 15:00 → 15:10
      News 10m
      • DIRAC Rucio Bridge
        • Discussed and planned at the 9th DIRAC user workshop
        • Will be implemented via a RucioCatalog plugin in DIRAC
        • Work done by Imperial College
      • 1.20.0 "Wonder Donkey" Code Freeze at 23:59 CEST
        • 1.20.0.rc1 build on Monday
      • Next week no Rucio Development Meeting (Holiday in Geneva)
      • Next Development meeting on June 6th
        • Rucio 1.21.0 "Donkeys of the Galaxy" Roadmap planning
    • 15:10 → 15:30
      News from the experiments 20m
      • CMS
        • Session issue is understood; Working on the test database
        • Mysterious timeouts issue not understood yet
          • Buildup of the wsgi container takes a while (10-15s)
          • Request takes exactly 60s
            • Looks like a 60s timeout somewhere
            • Possibility: IPv6 retry
      • ATLAS
        • Nothing
      • ESCAPE
      • LIGO
      • Multi-VO
        • Transparent changes still
    • 15:30 → 15:50
      Hot topics 20m
    • 15:50 → 16:20
      Developers roundtable 30m
      • 1.20.0 "Wonder Donkey" priority followup
        • Rucio mover
          • pcacheand storm symlinks
          • Some problems with pilot2
          • pcache has to be changed quite a bit, will be added later
          • storm protocol works when specified directly
            • Server filters storm protocol if not specified directly
            • Client needs to load protocols fail-save
        • Python 2.6 drop
          • Martin will do it soon #2460
          • Almost done
        • Reaper
          • Partitioning/Full heartbeat support of reaper #529
            • Need to protect storage 
              • Probably fine for dCache without protection
              • Probably not fine for all the others
              • One idea is to extend heartbeat to report the RSE the thread is working on
          • Relax protection of sources in reaper #1637
          • Fill contents history when deleting last replica #37
          • Archive Handling in the reaper #1431
          • Proposal: Google Doc
          • PR for Heartbeat is there
          • Cedric & Thomas looking into it next week
        • Get rid of unused dockers
          • Base client container
            • Notify clients next week and then remove community specific containers
            • Need to check if it is automatically build
            • Build an ATLAS rucio client based on the BASE Rucio client
            • Once done, tell XDC and Eiscat3D how to do theirs based on the BASE client
        • Migrate probes to separate repo #1638
          • PR including history is done
          • Will be switched on ATLAS machines with 1.20
        • Better way to deal with configuration/permissions #533
          • Mario wants to help!
          • Moved to 1.21 release
        • Transparent handling of archives with rules #1091
          • Re-use of list_replicas code not really possible, needs to adressed se
        • Daemon to re-order tape requests (throttler) #2220
          • Added volume check
          • Problems with MySQL due to Window function
          • Will force to require mysql 8 for window functions
          • Will need a separate meeting to discuss the reading (writing is covered)
          • For reading mode --> Need to add source_rse_id then Hannes development works already
          • PR is there, needs to be reviewed
          • Martin will look into filling of src_rse_id when queuing requests
      • Transfers with CTA
        • Workflow in Rucio
        • Flag for source RSE
          • RSE_USED_FOR_STAGING (or similar)
        • Which process creates the intermediate replica
          • Submitter
        • Need to understand if there are two callbacks or only one
          • For finisher to figure out
        • Colocation metadata
          • Should be told to CTA per metadata flag
      • CRIC json import
        • json space reporting field?
        • json looks rather good now
        • Distances missing, needs to be discussed
        • CRIC Discussion together with CMS
      • Authentication discussion
    • 16:20 → 16:30
      AOB 10m
      • Next week no meeting!
      • 1.21.0 roadmap discussion in 2 weeks
      • Twitter account
        • Rucio twitter account
          • Mario creates it