Conference Name: ETICS Technical Committee meeting
Recurrence: Every Thursday at 15:30 CET
Dial-in numbers: +41227676000 (Main)
Participant site: https://audioconf.cern.ch/call/0126137
Welcome and headcount
Highlights of the week, 5 minutes for each WP (NA2, SA1, SA2, JRA1, JRA2)
- first version of the SLA template ready, sent it today to commercial staff in ENG for an internal review.
- Finalizing the collection of info on IPR and brand preparing a document summarizing results (the info will be part of the DNA2.9)
- Writing DNA2.9 unfortunately we are late on schedule hope to have the deliverable ready for review by the end of next week … waiting also for contribution from partner’s on individual exploitation plans.
- Installation of ETICS at ENG and experimentation of ETICS on going.
- Surveys delayed as there was a need for authorization from financial dep. to have a prize draw to attract people.
- Training tutorial still delayed. Hope to get some work on them soon.
- Working on the features to complete the project and preparing the review.
- Continuing from last weeks
- 2.5.0 is the next major release (disseminator, AQCM, dashboard)
- 3.0 will have Multi-Node and VMLOader
- 3.1 with workflow designer, plugin designer (JRA2)
- Working on multi-node testing on all aspects involved (WS, repository, clients, etc)
- Internal testing is started (on etics-dev)
- Dashboard for a User Project is being tested for etics itself.
- On the integration server now
- AQCM report is considering many metrics. Only a few missing. Reports generated.
- Plug-ins integration continuted. The plugins received are now integrated.
- On the integration server now
- Submitters integration progressing on the development environment (SA2).
- VMloader (ex bootstraper) can execute and report the results on vmware. Working in integrating it with NMI. Dynamically runs builds and tests on a worker node with VMWARE and the images of SL4 SL5 on
32,64 bits. As a proof of concept and prototype is a success now we need to put it in 3.0.
- Completed DJRA1.5 (implementation of VM support) Any news?
- Need AQCM certification foor the SA1 Deliverable
- Meeting Jan 29th with customer interested in using VEGA's provided ETICS services. That would be a very good story for the project. It would be important to have Dashboard and AQCM available to demonstrate then.
Infrastructure Integration Job Submission
- Agreed with new Web Service Interface with SA1, and started modifying ESWS accordingly
- Started collaborating with ENG for implementing EC2 plug-in.
- Still debugging issue in the virtual image selection mechanism.
in the glite submission together with the CNAF T1 administrators.
- Started modifying UNICORE plug-in for managing statuses properly.
- Updated articles Bulding configurations in documentation, and Understanding Properties in guidelines in relation to the meaning of properties and their usage.
- (shifter person, backup person): Michele Dibenedetto, Gianni Dalla Torre two requests for components: apel and dcache
- etics testbed at CNAF alligned to etics-devel last Monday version
Deliverables and Milestones
DSA2.6+ Structure and effort agreed. We are defining the structure.
1. Workflow Designer integration into eticsDev Working with Alberto R. to deploy the installation package of workflow designer to the etics-dev. There were some compatibility problems with the installation package. Bugfixing was done and hopefully no more problems will appear.
2.Execution of the xml output generated by Workflow Designer by the ETICS web service Workflow Interpreter (parser) is in the Buildsystem and we are just testing it! There are some bugs what we have to fixed. It is now heavily under work.
3. Adding plugins definitions/tarballs to the Test system (Reqested last week by Alberto) A temporary solution was adopted to fill the Test system repository data to have plugins in the TestSystem for testing purposes.
It is integrated into etics-dev and hoppefully from the next build will work.
4. DesktopGrid application
Adding a new application (DSP) is now under work.
5. Deliverable DJRA2.6
The essential parts are ready, the final screenshots (the results of the workflow execution) have to be added.
Improving user satisfaction about usage of the ETICS services is critical. ETICS is often perceived as slow and difficult to use. This is due to a number of factors:
1) Need for technical improvements in speed and usability
2) Disinformation or third-party rumours
3) General resistance to adopt 'procedures'
We need to understand what to focus on and have a plan to address this issue as a combination of technical enhancements, training and dissemination. Where to start?